Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   2000 mustang gt (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/2000-mustang-gt-25989.html)

pernicus 10-18-2003 01:58 PM

2000 mustang gt

I've got a mustang gt and I'm looking for suggestions on where to start so far all i've got is a K&N filter injection performance kit. and eventually i want to do a lot on the inside and and take all the gt emblems off and dress it up to look just like a 2000 V6 mustang that just happens to sound a little louder ;)

2wld4u 10-19-2003 06:34 PM

Mustangs like free flowing exhaust, I would start with a set of shorty headers and a good 2 1/2" h-pipe, and free flowing mufflers..

pernicus 10-20-2003 02:15 PM

which would work better x-pipe with no cat's or a H-pipe with no cats and what about mufflers and what kinda headers would do best?

2wld4u 10-20-2003 08:39 PM

the 4.6 V-8's really like the x-pipe's, I would suggest a Dr. gas x-pipe for either the 5.0 or the 4.6, and thier spin trap mufflers, as far as headers, I like BBK (they are chrome) and the price isnt real high, for a V-6 mustang, Mac headers are good, and Dr. Gas can sell you just the X junction for custom exhaust systems, really any H or x-pipe system thats 2 1/2 " would be ok, Dr. gas is just my personal preference, Flowmaster, Borla, pace setter, Mac, etc.. make exhaust kits, so its up to you and your taste for the sound...Ill be installing a Dr. gas X-pipe with spin trap mufflers on my 89 when I get the 351 in there..HTH ... 2wld4u

tm454 10-21-2003 04:56 PM

bolt on HP

The stuff isn't cheap but without opening your engine and doing major work you can boost your HP immensely, get a Summit catalog and look at all the stuff they have for your car.. The K&N filter was a good investment and lining up and after market exhaust system will help. Then you might look into a performance chip. or tunable setup. I would suggest staying away from the Nitrous, save your engine Dude! This stiff isn't really for street use anyway but some people sneak it in.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

pernicus 10-22-2003 08:19 AM

what diameter xpipe would i need witht he stock headers and other stuff(completely new to going under the hood of a car) what diameters work best what kinda headers cat's or no and how do i get the computer in the car to ignore emissions if i go without cats?

2wld4u 10-22-2003 12:39 PM

2 1/2" is all you need, and to appease johnny law, there are high flow converters available..Before I removed the under the car exhaust sytem, I would buy headers first, fords are really restriced from factory on the exhaust side and headers help this, then when funds are available you can upgrade the rest of the exhaust, another good improvement is underdrive pulleys, and a good cold air induction kit, with the mods and a gear change, your mustang will "wake up" somewhat, and FYI there are 50 state legal Nitrous kits available..

Kaylah 10-25-2003 11:54 AM

Agreed. You can get flow-through cats for about $130 installed up here. They keep you street-legal and do not noticeably effect performance. Technology has brought these things into a better light for performance.

pernicus 10-31-2003 12:14 PM

not incredible intrested in legality as far as emissions i live in alabama they don't really do **** it's the loudness that could be a problem cus they can hear that