Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2001 cadillac deville 4T80E problems
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Global Moderator
Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris Front suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Originally Posted by sp_18902
I am working on my 2001 cadillac deville. I had a tcc problem. I replaced the tcc and the harness. everything worked out good. I had a leak in the side pan so i tore it back down and replaced the gasket. Then added 5 quarts of fluid and started the car. I noticed it pushed some fluid out the filler hole and then it would not go into gear, nor would it take fluid. I found the pump shaft twisted and broken. I have gotten another one but would like to know what caused this. If anyone could advise me on this i would appreciate it. I don't have alot of experience with automatic trannys. The transmission is a 4t80e.

sp_18902 , Welcome to I edited the thread title to provide vehicle information in the subject.

Since you changed the torque converter and then developed a damaged input driving shaft to the pump, I would speculate that you did not have the torque converter properly installed when the trans was bolted back to the engine.

The pump may be damaged too.
Dont worry how old you are... it is the mileage on your body that adds up.