Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Transmission - Rearend (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/transmission-rearend/)
-   -   2001 cadillac deville 4T80E problems (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/2001-cadillac-deville-4t80e-problems-213327.html)

sp_18902 01-26-2012 10:57 AM

2001 cadillac deville 4T80E problems

I am working on my 2001 cadillac deville. I had a tcc problem. I replaced the tcc and the harness. everything worked out good. I had a leak in the side pan so i tore it back down and replaced the gasket. Then added 5 quarts of fluid and started the car. I noticed it pushed some fluid out the filler hole and then it would not go into gear, nor would it take fluid. I found the pump shaft twisted and broken. I have gotten another one but would like to know what caused this. If anyone could advise me on this i would appreciate it. I don't have alot of experience with automatic trannys. The transmission is a 4t80e.

Crosley 01-26-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp_18902
I am working on my 2001 cadillac deville. I had a tcc problem. I replaced the tcc and the harness. everything worked out good. I had a leak in the side pan so i tore it back down and replaced the gasket. Then added 5 quarts of fluid and started the car. I noticed it pushed some fluid out the filler hole and then it would not go into gear, nor would it take fluid. I found the pump shaft twisted and broken. I have gotten another one but would like to know what caused this. If anyone could advise me on this i would appreciate it. I don't have alot of experience with automatic trannys. The transmission is a 4t80e.

sp_18902 , Welcome to Hotrodders.com. I edited the thread title to provide vehicle information in the subject.

Since you changed the torque converter and then developed a damaged input driving shaft to the pump, I would speculate that you did not have the torque converter properly installed when the trans was bolted back to the engine.

The pump may be damaged too.

tnsmith10 01-27-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp_18902

you put the studded bolt for the trans mount bracket in backwards. short end goes into the casting, not the long side. i did this once...