Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2001 Malibu transmission surges in drive between 2,000-2,150 with no pedal change.
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appliance Guy
I wish I knew that before I tossed in in the trash and used the one that came with the filter kit. It was a rubber gasket without the metal spacers where the bolts go.

I think that tnsmith10 gave me good information on the TPS or the MAF sensor. I put a serviceable Kand N filter in there at about 75,000 and never got around to servicing it. OOPS! Well when I pulled it it was filthy, so I cleaned and serviced it,pulled the MAF sensor and bought a 5 dollar can of MAF sensor cleaner and cleaned all the sensors I could get to in the throttle body area.
It seems to be shifting alot better now and I am getting way better fuel economy. It has only been a couple of days since I worked on it,so I am not sure If it is completely fixed, but I sure feel bad about what I said to tnsmith10.
Anyway, you guys keep up the good work and maybe if you have an appliance problem I can help you guys,K.
there is a technical service bulletin regarding those types of air filters and have been known to cause transmission issues.
yea unfortunately there guy, those rubber gaskets that come in tose service kits arent worth a crap and were never properly designed to be quality replacement gaskets. the molded rubber gaskets were the best idea they couldve come out with as long as you dont put a crease in them and clean thoroughly and install clean and dry, they dont leak. ive serviced my cobalt 3 times (has a 4t40e) and only changed the filter and it took 7-71/2 qts of fluid (dexron VI), car has 83,000 on it, and is about dues for the next service.
its costly for maintenance, but way cheaper than the alternative if you know what i mean. in my line of work, i truly believe maintenance at proper intervals is key to longevity of a transmission.