Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2001 Malibu transmission surges in drive between 2,000-2,150 with no pedal change.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

used engines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appliance Guy
I wish I knew that before I tossed in in the trash and used the one that came with the filter kit. It was a rubber gasket without the metal spacers where the bolts go.

I think that tnsmith10 gave me good information on the TPS or the MAF sensor. I put a serviceable Kand N filter in there at about 75,000 and never got around to servicing it. OOPS! Well when I pulled it it was filthy, so I cleaned and serviced it,pulled the MAF sensor and bought a 5 dollar can of MAF sensor cleaner and cleaned all the sensors I could get to in the throttle body area.
It seems to be shifting alot better now and I am getting way better fuel economy. It has only been a couple of days since I worked on it,so I am not sure If it is completely fixed, but I sure feel bad about what I said to tnsmith10.
Anyway, you guys keep up the good work and maybe if you have an appliance problem I can help you guys,K.
Same here I have waste so much $$$ on this thing