Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2002 Kia Spectra Window Help Please! :)
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestore
Hey everyone, my neighbor has a 2002 kia spectra with a weird window problem and it has my head spinning.

Heres what happens

RF, RR, LR windows all work properly on their own switch but only go up with the master switch, fuse does not blow bringing these windows down

LF window goes down properly but blows Left side window fuse when trying to go up.

I uploaded a pic online and put the link below of the schematic for help. Thanks everyone

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7456878...0427/lightbox/
Could be a short in the Blue with Yellow wire ( Marked as L/Y ) from the drivers switch pin 12 to drivers side motor pin one.
That would allow the drivers window to go down but short the fuse when the otherside of the switch powers the circuit to go up.
The other 3 windows only raising from the master implicates a circuit board problem in the master switch. After pouring over the schematic , it is the only thing that makes sense.
The entire problem could be the switch, but before replacing it, I would check the Blue /yellow ( Marked L/Y) for a short to ground so you dont damage the new switch as it sounds like there could be two seperate problems with the car.
I see the auto function in the switch , but it wouldnt cause a problem as such , being it is in a parallel circuit with the switches and is designed to mechanically hold the drivers switch to run the window down,it neither powers or grounds the window circuit, if it was bad it would be a direct and immediate short or a complete open.