Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2002 S-10 transmission problems
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by shee4202 View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2002 s10 and I'm experiencing the same exact problem and from my research many other people have to. I keep hearing it's the ignition switch, so I changed my ignition switch but I'm still getting this problem. It's not all the time only here and there. When it happens I pull over and turn the truck on and off a few times and for some reason it seems to work and I'm not even sure if that is working or if its a fluke.

What are the chances that the switch I got was a faulty switch?

The only other thing that I can think of is I have my remote start system hooked to a few wires on the switch. But if hooking into the switch wires were the problem I cant see the tranny working here and there like it does, you'd think it just would work at all.

I really need some help with this guys any ideas? Get another swich?
The chance of the new switch being faulty is rather slim but the connector to the switch could be bad and you'd still have the same problem. If you haven't figured it out by LATECH's and S10 Racer's suggestions, I'd take a good look at the connector for overheated, loose or an otherwise bad connector or wiring.

Good luck.