Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2004 Hemi V.S. 2004 R/T
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 10:14 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I stand corrected. The Lightning has come a long way from its first introduction when its hauling capacity was just 745 pounds.

That said, the Lightning does come up short on load capacity when compared to other "real" trucks though. The Dodge Ram 1500 2WD has a load capacity of between 1700 and 1850 pounds and a maximum towing capacity of 8600 lbs with just the basic 4.7 V8 and the Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD has a load capacity of 1970 pounds and a towing capacity of between 6500 and 7500 pounds with their basic V8. This means when you compare the Lightning to the competition's basic 1/2 ton small V8 models it comes up short on what a truck is really designed to do. It does on the other hand excel at what a sports car is designed to do.

Therefore what is it? .... its a very fast sports car that just happens to look like a truck. I haven't seen the specs yet on the new SRT 10 and for all I know that may fall into the same category.

Centerline
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com