Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2004 Hemi V.S. 2004 R/T
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 10:56 AM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think its all elementary anyway. Who buys a SRT with some 500 HP to haul wood or tow a camper anyhow...same goes for Lightning. Although, I am wondering about what the hemi option in the truck was intended for anyhow since I have heard that the low-end performance is not up to par. I think the automakers like to have this "specialty vehicle" marketing strategy to allure the trucker wannabees by dangling a few extra HP goodies.

I think if you compare "duty" trucks to "duty" trucks, you get a better picture. The SRT-10, Hemi, and Lightning are not "officially" classified in the Dodge and Ford "bread and butter" truck line-ups. I'd be willing to bet the SRT would wail on the Lightning, with two extra cylinders and 130 extra horspower, it would be rediculous if it would loose.

(Edit: I think the Lightning compares to the equivalent of a Dakota, which in my book makes it a Tonka Toy too! And I don't consider the new "Rangers" as trucks either. These little guys are cute and all, but when you say "truck", I always think of "full-size".)

Last edited by Kaylah; 10-21-2003 at 11:11 AM.