Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2004 Hemi V.S. 2004 R/T
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaylah
Hey Willys...I think the "R/T" the original poster was talking about is a beefed up version of the Dodge Stratus, it has a turbo 4-banger and actually is a pretty respectable piece of steel. Dodge now makes a similar version of the Neon and they call it an "R/T". Though they may be fast little MOPARS (or should I say Benzs'), but they are a far scream from the Coronets, Chargers, Super Bees, Challengers and the other muscle "R/T's" we all know and love.
That makes more sense!! I couldn't imagine a truck with a 500hp V10 being surprised it beat a medium sized V8, even if it is a hemi. As you may have gathered, I know virtually nothing about modern autos. Since the early 80s, they all look the same to me! Basically upside-down bathtubs w/ transaxles. The only way I can see that anyone tells them apart is how they designed the rubber trim covering the glue joint at the belt line. There are a couple of exceptions - Chrysler has produced several unique out-of-the-box designs and Ford trucks are so butt-ugly you can't miss them!