2004 Hemi V.S. 2004 R/T - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Chevy sittin' low

Wiki Edits: 0

Our local track is only about 20 mins. outside of Boise, it's called Firebird Raceway. You can see lots of pics on thier website, and it comes up with a simple search, if your interested seeing some of the events. I actually just mentioned the safety thing today on another forum. I was telling those guys that it's friggin idiotic to race in town because you put others at risk. Where we race is still dangerous, but I try to have a little bit of common sense, to include wearing my seatbelt. I'm actually dying to race at the track to get a defenitive time on my nova but havn't had the $$$, right scheduling, and it's not 100% tech legal, which costs $$$ to make it so. That's why I race at "the Spot", it's free, I can run as much as I want, and there are hot girls I love my muscle car, but man do I love those leather seats, air conditioning, power roof, power locks, power windows, and power seats. I happen to think Dodge has an awsome lineup as far as new cars go.
yes centerline, I am in agreement about all of the above
Gen3_with_455, pm me and I would gladly give you the 4-1-1 on where the local hotspot is......there are even quite a few older guys with some hot cars that you you might be tempted to......"watch"
Also, just FYI.....The Stratus R/T shares no common hardware with the 4 door stratus', they are just a continuation of the Dodge avenger platform, and are made in conjunction with the Chrysler Sebring, Mitsubishi Elipse, and Mitsubishi Galant. I like to think I deserve a little credit. I kind of wanted to buy an new eclipse as my grocery getter, but realized I could get the same car with the Dodge name and R/T badges which are way cooler than ANY Mitsu GSX or whatever they're called

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2003, 08:17 AM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:

I gave you props AF, I said it was a respectable piece of steel. I also think the new Neon is a nice little ride. I don't have a problem with fast cars regardless of cylinder count. I like the Viper with 10 and the Mustang SVO with 4. I even like the Honda Hybrid with three.

It is cool that you beat the hemi. I'm still wondering about the purpose Dodge had in mind by putting the hemi in a truck because of what I heard of the low-end problem. I read some test results comparing the GMC, F-150, and Ram Hemi in a "rounded" trucking test course. I don't know what happened to GM, but they ended up in last in nearly everything. But the hemi seemed to be a hindrance in most categories other than "off-the-line speed" with no load. The RAM also was better at handling in the short courses around corners, but tended to be stiff.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

I haven't looked into the engine in detail but I understand from the auto press (like they ever get anything right!), that this generation isn't a true hemi, more like a modified pent-roof chamber.

The problem with performance isn't a function of being a hemi, it is the result of the factory tuneup. Hemis can be made to have wide, strong torque range if set up right. Witness their use as industrial power plants (rock crushers, big water pumps, etc.), legendary marine engines, grocery getters and 6,000hp top fuel monsters.

Last edited by willys36@aol.com; 10-22-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:36 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by willys36@aol.com
I haven't looked into the engine in detail but I understand from the auto press (like they ever get anything right!), that this generation isn't a true hemi, more like a modified pent-roof chamber.
The actual shape of the combustion chamber is hemispherical but with very slight modifications to improve flame travel for the two sparkplugs per cylinder. Bottom line is that the shape is not a perfect hemisphire like the early hemis or 426s but it has very small flat sections on two sides to improve combustion and emissions.

Centerline
03 Dodge Hemi Quad Cab 4x4
Old 10-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Chevy sittin' low

As a chevy person I am a bit dissapointed. When I bought my car, I REALLY wanted a 2002 SS Camaro, but I wanted a brand new car, and the 02 SS aren't exactly abundant around here at the used lots. If they were still making them I would have bought one, , I also looked at the new mustangs, but none them come with the DOHC for under 30K. I would have loved to get a truck, but they're sooooo expensive, for the top of the line ones. Isn't wierd that muscle cars started out as "affordable" and targeted the middle class, now it's getting to where the average person can't even afford one with a V-8? Oh well, all I can do is wish that my R/T had a HEMI under the hood. One other funny thing I forgot to mention about the race.....when we lined up, some smart *** yelled at me,"That thing got a HEMI?" Being the smart *** that I am, I yelled back, "NO! BUT IT'S GOT A MITSUBISHI!" I thought it was kind of funny......
Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 PM
When all else fails burn it

Last journal entry: more hiding stuff
Last photo:

Hey Adrenaline_Fiend i assume you're talking about the crusie in downtown boise when you say races. I from Nampa. i should be taking my Comet down there in two weeks after i put new gears in the rear. Maybe i'll see you around.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud-23
Take away 2 cylinders from the SRT and let the Ford tow it back to the Dodge dealer! My .02
I guess you could take a SUPERCHARGER, if you didn't REALLY know how to build a powerful engine without one, and toss it on the SRT10 with 2 cylinders taken away, and tow the Ford to the Ford dealership too?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Big Block Bossa Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Mopar Guy
I guess you could take a SUPERCHARGER, if you didn't REALLY know how to build a powerful engine without one, and toss it on the SRT10 with 2 cylinders taken away, and tow the Ford to the Ford dealership too?
Exactly.

Everyone seems to be beating on the SRT-10 being a V-10, but they casually avoid the fact that the lightning trucks are supercharged...

Nice race by the way. By the way the thread was titled I was expecting one of the 5.9L Dodge R/T trucks in the race. Surprised me when I read Stratus.

Rob
Old 04-28-2005, 10:23 AM

Last photo:

Uhhh, fellas. This thread was started in '03, you know, a loooong time ago.

Larry
Old 05-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Chevy sittin' low

Unless you're cruising the streets of Kirkuk, Iraq with a 50 Cal. mounted on top of that bad boy, you probably won't be seeing me anytime soon.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud-23
Take away 2 cylinders from the SRT and let the Ford tow it back to the Dodge dealer! My .02
agreed... I'd rather see how big the dodge kids can bore/stroke the hemi. I believe the LS1,2,6,7,whatever can get punched out to 452ci max that I have heard of. 427 is safer since the cylinder walls have some mass to them.

and if the "big hemi" doesnt have the balls for me, put a blower on top and add a chambered dual exhausts

screw the v10s, they sound cool at idle and WOT, part throttle sounds like a volvo some kid had when I was in high school with a fart pipe. Seriously.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline_Fiend
As a chevy person I am a bit dissapointed. When I bought my car, I REALLY wanted a 2002 SS Camaro, but I wanted a brand new car, and the 02 SS aren't exactly abundant around here at the used lots. If they were still making them I would have bought one, , I also looked at the new mustangs, but none them come with the DOHC for under 30K. I would have loved to get a truck, but they're sooooo expensive, for the top of the line ones. Isn't wierd that muscle cars started out as "affordable" and targeted the middle class, now it's getting to where the average person can't even afford one with a V-8? Oh well, all I can do is wish that my R/T had a HEMI under the hood. One other funny thing I forgot to mention about the race.....when we lined up, some smart *** yelled at me,"That thing got a HEMI?" Being the smart *** that I am, I yelled back, "NO! BUT IT'S GOT A MITSUBISHI!" I thought it was kind of funny......
wow, someone else gets the idea, other than Ford and I. Anyone else here owonder why the GTO sells like sh**?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.