Hot Rod Forum banner

2004 malibu wheel cylinders

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I know this is not a hot rod but i want to install new rear wheel cylinders. I need a special socket to remove the wheel cylinder bolts, the bolt looks like a star. Where can i find that tool?

#2 ·
ss396si said:
I know this is not a hot rod but i want to install new rear wheel cylinders. I need a special socket to remove the wheel cylinder bolts, the bolt looks like a star. Where can i find that tool?
At any REAL parts store (not the "McParts" stores like Pep boys or AutoZone) will have them. They are called "Torx".

Brian

#4 ·
Yes they would. Now, mind you, I don't know for SURE that this is what the car uses. It could have some odd ball bolt that needs a special tool. Earlier Malibus for instance used a clip to hold the wheel cyl in and it is a pain in the ars without a special tool designed JUST for this.

It could also be a female torx, so get over to the Sears store and look at what they have to see if it makes sense.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.