2004 Mustang Mach 1. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 03:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

2004 Mustang Mach 1.

I have a 2004 Mustang Mach 1 that I would Like to make faster and stronger. My question to all you gear heads is how can I make my car run faster and quicker? Also, Ford claims that this car is able to produce 350 hp on the rear wheel. How can I generate 450 hp on the rear wheel? All suggestions are greatly appreciated. What is the best exhaust system for my car as well? Thank you all in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

http://www.mach1registry.com/shaker/index.htm

http://www.mustangtuning.com/

There are a few sites I found just googling.

I have a preference to Borla exhaust and they make kits for both the 4-speed and 5-speed models of the Mach1. Might give them a gander. I know Magnaflow (and probably Dynomax) make kits for them as well.

I'd also look at Hypertech or one of the other flash programmers to give you car a nice boost. Dont know much about internal change options (such as cam(s), heads, etc).

Also switch all your fluids over to synthetic (engine, tranny, rear). This is good for 5+ hp at the wheels (which is a lot considering the cost involved).

Get a nice air intake system with a free flowing filter and try and route it away from hot air.

Along with the exhaust setup, looks into some headers. http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mach1jba.htm. In fact this site has loads of stuff for your car. Explore some.

That should give you a nice new sound and boost in power that you'll certainly love.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.