Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2006 Silverado dash lights out how to replace them?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I would go with bulbs myself, i like the dimming. I might also look around for a colored bulb, if I could find some with th same mounting leads and wattage size etc. Could be a cool custom look.
Keep in mind that you will need to remove the gauge needles to get the cluster apart to replace the bulbs. Reinstalling them after the repair will require a few things, either a scanner that will move the gauge to a position that you can then install the needle upon so it correlates correctly to the actual reading to be displayed, or you get to take a stab at it and run the engine and put them on in the spot you know they are correct.
You want the fuel gauge to read full if it is, if it is not and you just put the needle on it will never be correct.the same with all the rest of the gauges.
engine temp can be verfied with a infrared temp gun, fuel gauge with a full tank,oil pressure, verify with a mechanical gauge,rpm s verify with a stand alone tach . Get the Idea?