Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 200R4 Installation in 1968 firebird
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have 1968 Firdbird with a pontiac 350 out of a 1972 lemans currently running in it, the transmision currently in there is a th350.

I picked up the car as a shell and have got it running now, i picked up a cherry 12 bolt not sure what year or gearing but with the th350 i am taching almost 3600 at approx 60mph.

I picked up a 200r4 transmission out of a 1988 monte carlo SS and it looks really clean and apparently only has about 58,000 miles on it before someone did a LS1 swap.

When i put the motor and trans in the car i had done it in one unit with a cherry picker motor and trans together. Now i'd like to drop the th350 out and put in the 200R4. what is the best way to get to the bell housing bolts so i can drop the transmission. any tricks or shortcuts?

Thanks for the help in advance

The trick is patience!! + long extensions and good wrenches + a few scraped knuckles welcome to the club! If you never did it before be very careful and rent a trans jack!!! more people get hurt from a trans falling on them then you can imagine !!! Murphys Law

Jester