2013 Dodge Dart - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 06:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

All new cars trying hard but not.

Bottom line is all the manufacturers have gone stupid. Can't come up with something new on its own. Using old names ,good marketing concept but products offered suck. Charger,Challenger,Gto lol. Camaro Z28, Even the new Vettes look like Toyotas. Now the Dart,looks like another front wheel drive everyday look alike to join the every car looks alike crowd.What really sad is the new so called modern fuel efficent car and trucks get worse gas mileage than cars of the 60s and 70s. More plastic,more gadgets,park themselves and outrageous prices. After reading about the Dart thing its getting worse not better.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I hated the originals and for good reason too. In the 80`s my father bought my mother a `67 dodge dart 4 door. It was light hidious baby blue. It had a tire roasting red light intimidating pullin`torque monster under the hood, a slant six. It took it forever to get to 55. We bought the heap from my step grandfather for $400 bucks. While all the other kids parents had nice cars we had a freakin` heap. The exhaust note on the thing sounded absolutely disgusting. Somebody had stuck a ultra cheap glass pack on it. The exhaust note sounded like it ran, as if it were in full time engine lug, it would go "UGGGGGGGGG" upon acceleration. After a year and a half the heap spun a rod bearing. Instead of junking the thing like we should have
we snatched it out and did a rebuild. Once finished it had a new cam, crank, bored .040 over, new pistons. Alot of new stuff. Once we finished with it and set the lash on the rockers we were ready for a test drive. It ran no different. It still didn`t have any power. It still had that lugging sounding exhaust that made a loud "UGGGGGGGGG" exhaust note. We finally sold the heap for the same price we paid for it. Then we got a 1979 Malibu classic 2 door that was in A-1 shape. Wish I still had that `Bu. I miss that car.
My then best friend`s mother had a 1968 Dodge Dart GTS 2 door with a 340 in it. He thought that car was the greatest thing in the world. However the new Dodge darts, even so cars today have no character, looks better than the originals. Anything looked better than the originals.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 AM

Last photo:

what????????

yOU ARE CRAZY MAN!!! I mean if you don't like old darts then you don't like them but to go to such legnths to insult them??? I have owned 4 darts, (70, 71, 72, and 72) and I loved them obviously your example was complete horse doodooo but the 68 dart with a 340??? gorgeous! I love old darts, challengers, cudas, gto's , demons etc... BUT, ALL OF THE NEW VERSIONS OF THEM SUCK TERRIBLY!!!! THEY BRING SHAME TO THE ORIGINAL FORMER WONDER OF THEIR PREDECESSORS... I DON'T LIKE THE 4 DOOR CHARGER MUCH AT ALL, THE CHALLENGER IS OK BUT COULD HAVE BEEN WAY COOLER, AND THE DART IS COMPLETE HORSE DOOKIE.... HOW COULD THEY EVEN CONSIDER ATTATCHING THE NAME TO THAT THING?? AT LEAST NAME IT DECEPTICON 5,000 OR SOMETHING CUZ IT FLIES IN THE FACE OF THE ORIGINAL AND MY CONCEPTS... SIGH I mean the new camaros are pretty cool, and follow at least some of the old lines... and really that is why the challenger is cool at all is because it sort of looks like the old ones... this "dart" couldn't have been more wrongly designed, unless of course they change the name and then it will no longer creep into my thoughts at all....
Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

This is totally not a technical response, but I thought it was funny. I was watching the news this morning with the closed caption on and it seems the closed captioning system doesn't always get the words right.

Well, one of the stories was about today's debut of the Dodge Dart. The closed captioning read something like this:

Quote:
... return of an American icon, the Dog Start. ... is brought over by the owner, the Italian Coffee Pot .
What it should've said was:

Quote:
... return of an American icon, the Dodge Dart. ... is being brought over by the owner, the Italian Fiat.

Last edited by lt1silverhawk; 01-09-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

2013 Dodge Dart auto show videos:

Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 AM

According to the report, 2013 Dodge Dart will go on sale by June. Launch of the new Dart is reportedly on schedule, even though most dealerships won’t have full stock until June. Amongst all the May flowers, automotive enthusiasts can expect a large month from Dodge. The Detroit Free Press reports that full production of the compact 2013 Dodge Dart will start in May. Chrysler sales Chief Reid Bigland said that the brand new Dart should strike Dodge dealers by mid-summer.

Tags
automotive news, compact cars, dart, dodge, modern cars

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.