Hot Rod Forum banner

"2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Debuts In L.A. With 650-HP"

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  lt1silverhawk 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I could make room for one in my garage but it would have to be something besides blue.

One major problem though. The family "banker" said, "Fit in the garage, h@#$, it wont fit in the budget" :pain: :pain:

These cars are great, but can you imagine the insurance premiums on that monster.

#3 ·
Oh I agree. Sixty grand plus the insurance puts it well into the luxury car range. A very high performance bargain, no doubt, but its definitely out of range for a lot of us. But still, its kind of nice to be able to live during the modern day horse-power wars. I imagine folks back in the 60's and early 70's drooled over the originals the same way I do now over the day modern-day versions. :D

#4 ·
Too cool! Now if I had an extra 60 grand laying around, one of those would be in my garage, if nothing else to cheese my diehard Chevy pals. There will be a few of them wrecked, you can count on that, drive-train and parts in an older car would be a blast.

#5 ·
dinger said:
Too cool! Now if I had an extra 60 grand laying around, one of those would be in my garage, if nothing else to cheese my diehard Chevy pals. There will be a few of them wrecked, you can count on that, drive-train and parts in an older car would be a blast.
That would be a sweet transplant in older Ford. I'd like to see one in a '66 / '67 Fairlane. That car has gorgeous lines.

On a related note, Chevy posted the following info on its Facebook today: "Camaro ZL1 by the Numbers: 3.9 Seconds, 184 mph, $54,995"

#8 ·
ogre said:
new cars are boring... :rolleyes:
Depends on which new cars. I have a 2011 CTS-V, with the 6 speed stick, and you might be surprised how well 556 hp will move 4250 lbs. But it is the cornering that is plain amazing, I've never driven any car that corners as well AND gives a very comfortable ride. No harshness like other cars that can crank and bank. This car is almost as fun to drive as the Track-T.

Bob

#10 ·
deckofficer said:
Depends on which new cars. I have a 2011 CTS-V, with the 6 speed stick, and you might be surprised how well 556 hp will move 4250 lbs. But it is the cornering that is plain amazing, I've never driven any car that corners as well AND gives a very comfortable ride. No harshness like other cars that can crank and bank. This car is almost as fun to drive as the Track-T.

Bob
What happened to the electric and/or Smart car that you were talking up last week?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.