Hot Rod Forum banner

2014 Henderson/Speier 407 SBC EMC engine

6K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Chad Speier 
#1 · (Edited)
The engine masters finals are finishing up today and I wanted to share our 407 SBC with v2.70 VFactor CNC heads on it.

It did well for a box head. Chris Henderson added the cool factor with a 1960's CAM-A-GO which got the attention of HOT ROD and we were given a full article.

17) SCORE: 2599.5 ENTRY: Henderson Power Sports/Speier Racing Heads ENGINE: 407ci small-block Chevy AVERAGE PEAK POWER: 600.00 horsepower, 542.33 lb-ft

Any questions please ask!

3000-6500 RPM. 11-4 compression.

http://blogs.hotrod.com/407-small-b...-at-engine-masters-challenge-2014-144823.html

See less See more
#17 ·
MORE CAM!

244/250'ish. The torque was killer for the competition, but it should have made more horsepower. This was the first year the peak hp was a major part of the score. Cam was too small. Unlike the Pontiac we had one cam, one manifold, one dyno session, and it went to the competition. More dyno work and we could have found more points.

The Pontiac I wish all the money spent on it was put into a Gen III Hemi!

#22 ·
The engine masters finals are finishing up today and I wanted to share our 407 SBC with v2.70 VFactor CNC heads on it.

It did well for a box head. Chris Henderson added the cool factor with a 1960's CAM-A-GO which got the attention of HOT ROD and we were given a full article.

17) SCORE: 2599.5 ENTRY: Henderson Power Sports/Speier Racing Heads ENGINE: 407ci small-block Chevy AVERAGE PEAK POWER: 600.00 horsepower, 542.33 lb-ft

Any questions please ask!

3000-6500 RPM. 11-4 compression.

Henderson Power Sports 407 Chevy at Engine Masters Challenge 2014

I hate to say this on a public form as I have enjoyed the use of inexpensive ProComp heads for several years, but now "the cat is out of the bag" that these things like and respond to higher lift cams than what is usually thought about with in the hot rod community. Now I suppose the price will double.

I aways used the term Univeral Chinese Chevrolet (Ford) (Chrysler) Heads for these things to keep the unwashed masses at bey, guess that ain't gonna work anymore.

Bogie

#27 ·
How much advance/retard did the Cam-a-go provide? And how did you account for the ignition timing with that addition? I have never heard of the Cam-a-go till now....awesome device from the golden age of hot rodding. Wonder what the kiddies would think about their V-tech's if they knew about this device from the 60's! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.