Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 2100 stall in truck
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 10:37 AM
just a gearhead in paradise..

Last journal entry: last ones for now.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6426yy
The TH350C is going out of my truck and I plan to install a regular Th350.
Will a 2100 stall converter work well behind a mild 350, 212/222 @ .050 435/460 lift, headers, 600 holley, aluminum intake (just standard stuff) and 3.08 gears with 28 inch tires? 4000lb truck.

I already have the converter and trans cooler just wondering if I should put them in or not.

Thanks
Jesse
man i about crapped my pants when i saw your icon and your name. i got a truck like that too and my name is jesse too... i scored a race built tranny from a parts trade, and when the trans in my truck let go, i decided that it should be able to handle being that is was built with race parts and shift kit with the same 2100 stall. it was weird driving it. if i throttled it easily off the light, it would slip and then grab(hence the stall). if i hit the throttle hard, it would grab kind of hard. hence to say, i fried that trans. all that slipping in a 4200lb truck, to begin with is a little on the danger side. and not knowing any better, i still towed and hauled things. when it started slipping really bad, i had a feeling it was going, and when it finally did, it was blowing fluid out of the front seal. limping it home was fun, smoking out the whole road.. i would think that 454's advice would be good, if you still plan to tow and haul stuff... as for me, back to a stock converter. it was nice to see what a stall does, but an expensive lesson learned.