Hot Rod Forum banner

220 in the garage

6K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  jetnow1 
#1 ·
has anyone wired 220 in there garage before? i am not an electrian or anywhere near one. or even wireing a 220 extension cord so i can run from my dryer outlet to the garage
thanks for the help

#52 ·
Yeah, it reminds me of the MOB wanting their piece of the action..Pay them and you'll have a nice place to park with no parking tickets at the job site and nothing gets stolen,dont pay and all kinds of wierd stuff happens.I guess thats where the City and countys got this stuff from...If theres a dollar to be earned your lucky to end up with a quarter....and then theres taxes... :sweat:

#53 ·
kleen56 said:
Do you guys realize this is all about money? They don't care of regulations, permits, who installs wiring. They care about how much revenue it will bring in and how much money will come out of your hard earned pocketbook.
99% there. We have to remember, WE are the government. We have allowed power hungry bureaucrats and businesses to dictate how we are going to live instead of telling them how they are going to work for us. We have to change things.

Taxes on home improvements are a good portion of why you have to get a permit. I have a real problem with this. We tax people who improve the community. A person with a run down shack should be taxed higher than a guy who is fixing up his place and, in so doing, improves the overall community.

Wichita, KS floated the idea that they were going to tax people based on the number of trees in their yard. I let them know I would be buying a chain saw! Lots of other folks did, too. They decided they didn't want to be responsible for deforestation so they dropped that idea. Pretty stupid to come up with it in the first place.

#54 ·
costs

Now (well as of April) a contractor has to get certified in lead practices to work on any pre 1968 house- 350 for the course, another 350 to register the company with the epa and all the expense to get the hepa vac etc. Wonder how they will enforce this- another fee added on top of the expense of the
building permit fee, the zoning fee, the wetlands comission fee, the costal
managment fee, the training fee etc. Also here the permits start at a base
cost of 1000 job cost so if you need a permit to replace 1 door or window
you pay for a 1000 job even if it's only a 200 job.

And the beat goes on.... Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.