Hot Rod Forum banner

23 or 27?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  willowbilly3 
#1 ·
hello everyone
just got back from car show and saw 5 t-buckets, all were 23,s. why 23 and not 27 .just wondering on the way home. maybe length, dimensions, cost to build
thanks
medical

#3 ·
I think you can blame Norm Grabowski's "Kookie's T"... which was on a leading TV series, 77 Sunset Strip.... and the resulting surge of 23-25 T-bucket kit builders.

The '26-'27 was just never a fad like the "fad Ts" of the time. Hey! I bet that is why they were named that. :)~

There were a few well known drag cars, but the '26-'27 is an oddity today. ...a good looking oddity though!

#5 ·
t buckets

I have 2 glass 23's and still have my steel 16 T. I found the 16 in 1951, it's shorter and the cowl is a couple inches narrower than the 23's Not much interior room, Henry ford built his first cars to fit him. 27's have more interior room. but hardly anything will interchange. I have a couple of steel 23 tourings.I was thinking about using the rear of a touring to build a larger bucket.

#6 ·
timothale said:
I have 2 glass 23's and still have my steel 16 T. I found the 16 in 1951, it's shorter and the cowl is a couple inches narrower than the 23's Not much interior room, Henry ford built his first cars to fit him. 27's have more interior room. but hardly anything will interchange. I have a couple of steel 23 tourings.I was thinking about using the rear of a touring to build a larger bucket.
I did just that on my rpu project. Used the back of a 25(ish) T touring and a much modified 29 4 door cowl.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.