23 T Bucket ? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 02:03 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

do any of you have the old T trucks? I'm more interested in those then the T bucket. do they have more room or less? any thoughts on a good kit for them or where to find one that is all steel? I really like the old 32 Chevy truck (I think that is the right year) the one with the head lights not molded in to the fenders and the long running Broad. to me they look like they have a bit more leg room in them then the T bucket and also might be a bit longer but then that might just be the bed . But would love to get any information on them if you could spare some.
Thanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2005, 11:00 PM

fun cars

Hey I just bought a 23 t-bucket and found in buying it that each bucket has a different feel to it. Some I didn't fit to well in but the one I bought is great. I'm 6'2 and it is not a squeeze. Different steering setups and pedal placement can make a big difference. Go look at some for sale in your area and try sitting in them. Also mine is a little rough riding but the builder put in rack and pinion steering. He built it good and it handles wonderful. Who cares about the weather when you are sitting on a rocket!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:10 AM

I thought about a tbucket myself at one point, but I have to agree, I think they old trucks look better . Havn't found one yet and hadn't searched enough to see if they make those from kits yet or not.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:26 PM

Last photo:

Go to The National T-bucket alliance website, http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/bb/ lots of info and knowledge. I have a T with an 8" extended body. Several companires make them.

Bill
Old 07-01-2007, 01:21 PM

23 t

im building one and there cool there is a forum from spirt that can answer your question called buckethead bash im 23 teaser they build the spirit t buckets good sight
Old 07-01-2007, 07:29 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I like the 26-27s a lil better myself
Shane
Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I'm building one and having a blast!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

Neat Bucket T motor

If you want a unique power plant for a bucket T, I once built one with a 2.3 litre Ford 4 banger, with a mild cam, and 4 Micuni single barrel carbs-that sucker really scooted and got a lot of looks. Only draw-back was the sound, unless you like hearing a giant bumble bee
Old 07-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeverfred
I'm building one and having a blast!

Is your chassis built from the California Custom Roadsters Planbook? If so, have you decided on where you will purchase the body from?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ge=1&reverse=1
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Lost in the 50s!

Last journal entry: time to start body work
Last photo:

I don't know where you are located, but they have a t-bucket round up here in town ever year. (Mountain Home, AR July 16-21 2007). I intend to annoy them by driving my 56 ford truck around the areas where they will be crusing too.

You might want to attend a show (not necessarily this one) and talk to a lot of owners and sit in theirs to get ideas of what fits you as an individual.

There is a place here in town called spirit industries that builds T-buckets. They sell parts and pieces too and "kits". The site is good reading even if you don't get anything from them.

They have a tech forum, but I have not visited it.

They have a PDF assembly manual that might be useful on their site.

They used to have a video of an assembly (watch on your computer), but I don't know if it is stil on their site.

http://www.spiritcars.com/
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Sorry to get back so late, just got back from holidays

Thanks for that great info on available resources. Have you heard any reviews on the '23 bodies from MAS Racing?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Last photo:

M.A.S. T bucket body

The first MAS body I used was in 1970. The last one I used was in 2005. There were a half dozen or so MAS bodies in between those two. They were first designed to be competition bodies, a little thinner for less weight. A few years ago, they started using a new mold. It was about time too. The old one was really showing it's age. The last one I used wasn't much thicker, but that's OK 'cause I like to put a lot of wood in them anyway. I've used bodies from Speedway, Anderson Industries (AI Inc.) and Total Performance. They all make an excellent product. No matter which one you use, the sweat equity is the same. I live about an hour away from MAS so that's where I usually end up. Youngster
Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:

Allworld, my chassis is from Total Performance. I'm on a budget and have to do it in spurts. Like every payday, I have a spending spurt, but even then it is small. I'm two months away from having been at it for a year. You're on the right track by trying to get all the info you can and good luck if you decide to get into one. As I said earlier, I'm having a blast. I have not decided on a company for the body, yet. I'm thinking of not going with a P/U bed and have an exposed gas tank.

Other companies that have a good rep are California Custom Roadster and Spirit. However, from what I understand, CCR and Spirit don't have an instruction guide, but from my build, I learned that if you take your time, it's pretty basic stuff.

Last edited by tfeverfred; 08-06-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Huge thanks to both Youngster and tfeverfred for the replies. I've decided to weld up my own frame using the CCR chassis plans because I'm up in Winnipeg, Canada and shipping cost for a steel frame would be thru the roof.

I'm glad to get a good word on MAS bodies since Minneapolis is just a punt away from home. Seems to be a lot of good component suppliers out there - Total Perf, CCR and Speedway.

This fiberglass body thing is new to me, and it would be greatly appreciated if someone can give a few tips on wood re-inforcement.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.