Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 23 T Bucket ?
Thread: 23 T Bucket ?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

'23 T chassis

Hey All-world1....That's the spirit, build your own frame! When it's done and sitting there on jack stands, you are going to get such a rush... Here's a couple of things to consider. It's been a long time since I've seen the CCR plans, so I'm going to stick my neck out here a bit. One thing I would change is the hairpin mounts. The hairpins are much too long. Your front one should mount to the frame rail just below your steering box. I assume your are going to use a 'vair box, right? The rear hairpins should mount to the frame rails about where your front u-joint willend up. Problem here is, they get really short, but will take a lot of stress off the u-joints. I like to use a 4 bar tri-angulated set up here. They are easy to build and they work so well. Also by angling the top bars, you won't need a sway bar if you are using coil overs. For your front crossmember, use a piece of 2" schedule 40 pipe. Sounds odd but it works, takes some of the bulk out of the front end. One more thing, I believe CCR set their kick at 45 degrees. I set mine at 60 degrees and set the body so there is a 1/4" gap between the body and the kick. For max room inside the body, don't cut the body to set over the kick. Lots of info here, hope I didn't bore or confuse you. LOL, Youngster