Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 23 T Bucket ?
Thread: 23 T Bucket ?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

'23 T bucket

The problem I have with the 'kit' front ends is the spring and 'shackles' they use. The ones I've seen use a trailer spring and 2 pieces of 1/4" strap with a couple hole punched in them for shackles. Call Mas and order one of their axles, maybe the 3" drop?, and a pair of their standard hairpins. The hairpins come with the clevis' and jam nuts.You can get the frame end tapped for any type of tie rod end or bushed end you want. Next, go to your Speedway catalog and order the 26" reversed eye spring, the 1 3/4" shackles, the spring pivots and the spring behind axle plates. As long as you have your Speedway catalog open, you might pick up a pair of the SS bushed ends with jam nuts. There's a front end that works well and is fully adjustable.I think you'll find the cost to be close to what you would pay for the 'kit'. Now let's move around to the back. You will want to add some length to the top rail behind the kick. How much depends on what wheelbase you want, what sort of springing is to be used, leaf or coil over and which box, the 14" or 20". I like to use the 20" because of the little extra storage you get. You can see why it's nice to have your body, engine, rear end and front end all there. It makes this whole process much, much easier. I've either built or been involved with a lot of T's over the last 40 some years and I can assure you, no two of them are the same. But that's why we build instead of buy isn't it? That's an awful lot to chew on for now. Glad to help anyway I can. Youngster