Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 23 T Bucket ?
Thread: 23 T Bucket ?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

'23 t-bucket

You are a wealth of knowledge Youngster. I'm just getting started here but printing out all of your great advice for reference.

That's quite a innovative way for setting the kick distance. I don't have a rear end or rear leaf yet but I think that I have access to a friend's GM 10-bolt. Any advice on rear end selection? Still waiting for the MAS catalog but noticed that Speedway has a High-arch rear spring with 5 leaves (raises 6-8").

I'm trying to build on a budget, so some items may have to be purchased little by little. I was hoping to get to the frame because I've got this 26 foot section of 2x3x.180 tubing sitting here and my wife is getting on my case. I'm going with the 103" wheelbase and the 60 degree kick and 10 inch back rail as you suggested. From your experience in frame building, is there a typical kick distance (top of front rail to top of rear rail) that you can recommend without using the angle iron and rear end method that you described? If I stumble on a rear-end soon, I will try your method. Thanks for your valued replies. All-world1