23-T Hot Rod Kit - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

23-T Hot Rod Kit

Hi Everyone!

Getting ready for my first TRUE build, I have owned rods and classics for many years but have never gone this far down the Rabbit hole and actually buildiong my own. Thinking of starting with a T from HotRodInABox

23-T Hot Rod Kit by NEHR Speedcraft: Complete, Affordable, Safe & Cool Hot Rod Kit

In particular I like the Fat Rat kit (I am 6'5" 280 lbs) for the cool look and extra room inside. Anyone heard of these guys?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 AM

Last photo:

Is that the one that has the 'bulge' for the footbox and the 'saddle' type gas tanks?

Its a love it or hate it thing. They're not really popular on the T-Bucketeers website; not sure why. You'll probably get more input over there. HotRod magazine did a T Bucket 'build' in an issue, either this months or last months (its on the cover). They got it upward of $20k, which Im kinda surprised at, you have to REALLY want a T-bucket to invest $20k and about a years time in it. It is however, representative of what a kit buyer can look for, and I'm glad they did it (getting tired of 200 grand Pro Touring Camaros and one-off Mustangs personally).

What are your reasons for the NEHR kit over say Speedway, CCR, RPM and Spirit etc?
Personally, like the Spirit kits for their workmanship, customer service and adaptability per customer requirements.
If you've never been in a stretched T; I HIGHLY suggest you find one you can plunk your butt in, especially if you're not going to have a top. You'll either LOVE it or HATE it. You may find a 1927 T or a Model A roadster (1928-31) is a better fit for a little more money.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Last photo:

hot rod'n in a box ????

never heard of them.. been in buckets for 14 yrs.. must be a new company.. being that your tall i highly agree with autogear.. extened and wider is the way to go.. most likely it'll be 6" but u'd be suprised that makes a big diff.. i like spirit too. you'll get good info here but u may want to ck out "nationaltbucketalliance.com" u don't need to join to post on public board. i would highly suggest to find a bucket head and tell him/her what u want to do and ask if u can drive it.. with them in car also... just don't forget its called "information" cause u can make some dumb mistakes and it'll cost u to re-do.. been there, done that....
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Here's a T-bucket I just built,, May give you some idea's..

Getting rid of the ugly !!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_7928.JPG
Views:	1292
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	73890  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Good for you! Randy is the man when it comes to this stuff, you should check out the thread that showed where that bad bucket above started at.

I really want to do a 27 T-bucket after I get all these other projects out of the way. Right now I'm driving my old lady nuts borrowing her jeep while I work on my DD. I got three on the burner after the DD. I think the T might have to wait a while
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
Good for you! Randy is the man when it comes to this stuff, you should check out the thread that showed where that bad bucket above started at.

I really want to do a 27 T-bucket after I get all these other projects out of the way. Right now I'm driving my old lady nuts borrowing her jeep while I work on my DD. I got three on the burner after the DD. I think the T might have to wait a while
Thanks... I always wanted one and never built me one,,, But when I do one for me,, I'm building a whole new type of body,,, I like the way this one look's,, But I will be giving it a litte bit of my touch... R.I.P Big Daddy..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	113_0405_3z+maxterion_show_car+front_left.jpg
Views:	1513
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	73892  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Thanks... I always wanted one and never built me one,,, But when I do one for me,, I'm building a whole new type of body,,, I like the way this one look's,, But I will be giving it a litte bit of my touch... R.I.P Big Daddy..

That will be a cool project I can't wait for the build thread on it in the future. I think I gain as much in self-confidence as I do in knowledge from following your builds.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:40 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
That will be a cool project I can't wait for the build thread on it in the future. I think I gain as much in self-confidence as I do in knowledge from following your builds.
Thanks... I'm trying to get my self in a little better spot right now,,, But once I get done with the C-Cab,, You will see some crazy things come to life I have locked up in side my head...
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
Valkyrie5.7 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

T buckets

Henry Ford wasn't very Big so model t's were made to fit him. Henry Ford II was a pretty hefty guy and in the 70's The product planners brought in small foreign cars and mini trucks for him to look at. He tried to get in a VW bug, It took a lot of talking to get Henry II to OK the Pinto project. I'am 6 ft and my steel bodied "16 bucket is very tight. I have gatheredup a few parts for My grandson to build a 27 roadster pickup, Plans are an A frame, original 27 Cowl, New longer doors, Custon quarters From a 53 cad hood my son split for a boat tail and didn't use, , A few times we have talked about doing a Bucket style Touring, No fenders and being able to move the seat back.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:03 AM

Last photo:

I am in the love it crownd as for the look of the NEHR design. I like that it is low slung and you sit down inside the car. As for the bump out at the drivers foot well - I say GREAT idea. with size 15EEEE feet there is NO WAY I can drive a regular T. I would even put one on the passenger side, looks like the side air inlets on a fighter plane.

From my perspective, I wanted to build a Cobra until I started getting everything priced - HOLY COW! Even a factory five is going to be well over 35k by the time I get it the way I want, and take well over 200 hours. This kit is FAR less complicated and life consuming. According to ther company, they have over a 90% finish rate.

There are some other cool strech kits out there. NEHR offers a Kit that is 6" stretch front to back and 3" stretch side to side! I hopw to see a few cars at shows coming up.

TO New interiors - THAT is a sweet ride...
Old 05-18-2013, 06:16 PM

Last photo:

I have a 1927T that is very similar to the Nehr 27. It is not a kit. I built it from scratch. The body is stock length, but it is 3" wider than stock. I don't like the T-buckets where it looks like your riding on it instead of in it. My seats sit right in the floor. It is pretty comfortable for me, but I am only
5'9"and 180#. I have used all the available room. I still can't stretch my legs out. If you build the seats up off the floor 6"to 8" it tends to give more leg room, but you start getting the "riding on" look. The 3" wider gives more shoulder room, but even so it is pretty tight with two people in it. I think for a bigger guy, the stretch body would help alot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1315 (2).JPG
Views:	132
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	74123   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316 (2).JPG
Views:	135
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	74124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1317 (2).JPG
Views:	110
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	74125   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1318 (2).JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	74126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1319 (2).JPG
Views:	124
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	74127  

Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw22w View Post
I have a 1927T that is very similar to the Nehr 27. It is not a kit. I built it from scratch. The body is stock length, but it is 3" wider than stock. I don't like the T-buckets where it looks like your riding on it instead of in it. My seats sit right in the floor. It is pretty comfortable for me, but I am only
5'9"and 180#. I have used all the available room. I still can't stretch my legs out. If you build the seats up off the floor 6"to 8" it tends to give more leg room, but you start getting the "riding on" look. The 3" wider gives more shoulder room, but even so it is pretty tight with two people in it. I think for a bigger guy, the stretch body would help alot.
Oh man that is nice....
Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw22w View Post
That my Friend is one great looking T!!! Tell me a little about those front wheels and hubs. I've never seen anything like them. (I have lived a sheltered life!)

BB
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM
62 Vette L-98 TPI & ZF 6 speed

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post

That particular car isn't really my cup of tea, but Big built some cool stuff, and he sure had good taste in engines, didn't he.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010190.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	74452  

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.