25% Harbor freight discount coupon. - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tools

I have purchased tools from Harbor Freight and I must be honest with you I have not had any problems and I use the tools everyday.

I hear many people bad mouthing Harbor Freight tools and I can say is if you have the money and want to purchase different tools go right ahead and spend your money any way you want.

I have also used Grizzly products for years with no problems.

If using Snap On and other brand name tools turn you on go for it.

Jimbo

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought

Last journal entry: Lakeroadster's '31 Model A Tudor
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo17 View Post
I have purchased tools from Harbor Freight and I must be honest with you I have not had any problems and I use the tools everyday.

I hear many people bad mouthing Harbor Freight tools and I can say is if you have the money and want to purchase different tools go right ahead and spend your money any way you want...... Jimbo
Justify it any way you want ...
  • Where do YOU live?
  • Where do YOU work?
  • What country has given YOU the freedom of choice?
  • Have any of your family members sacrificed or paid the ultimate price for YOUR freedoms?
When given the option... Buy American! Find it here: http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/tools.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
To quote Ricky Bobby: "With all due respect" Harbor Freight = Chinese Crap... with a few exceptions. Patronizing them is like spitting on your fellow American blue color workers.

Talladega Nights With All Due Respect - YouTube

Last edited by lakeroadster; 12-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:14 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
Justify it any way you want ...
  • Where do YOU live?
  • Where do YOU work?
  • What country has given YOU the freedom of choice?
  • Have any of your family members sacrificed or paid the ultimate price for YOUR freedoms?
When given the option... Buy American! Find it here: Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Tools
how do we get our freedom fighting in the middle east when we are just protecting Israel while the border of Mexico is wide open? Just this week radioactive material was stolen in Mexico yet we're talking about threats from the middle east? What about our border? I feel sorry for our soldiers to have to fight for an imperialistic nation such as ours.

Last edited by tech69; 12-07-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:49 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
how do we get our freedom fighting in the middle east when we are just protecting Israel while the border of Mexico is wide open? Just this week radioactive material was stolen in Mexico yet we're talking about threats from the middle east? What about our border? I feel sorry for our soldiers to have to fight for an imperialistic nation such as ours.
te doors open you can go if you think so lowly about here.. just say'n
Old 12-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

When given the option... Buy American! Find it here: Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Tools

Thanks for the link.

I also remember when Walmart products said "Made in the USA"

I thought I was doing the right thing when I purchased a New Chevrolet truck and only later did I realize it was made in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!

Finding products made in the USA is not easy and being able to afford to buy them is another question.

Maybe it's just that the recession is lasting much longer then I thought it would but whatever the reason I find most people simply trying to make there money go as far as it can these day's and that means thinking before you spend your money.

I was reading a story in the morning newspaper about how little money banks pay tellers and how most bank tellers in the USA receive some type of government help to survive such as food stamps.

These are the largest backs in the USA who are making record profits on the backs of their employees.

Jimbo
Old 12-07-2013, 07:47 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:

Thanks for the link.

I thought I was doing the right thing when I purchased a New Chevrolet truck and only later did I realize it was made in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!

Finding products made in the USA is not easy and being able to afford to buy them is another question.

Maybe it's just that the recession is lasting much longer then I thought it would but whatever the reason I find most people simply trying to make there money go as far as it can these day's and that means thinking before you spend your money.

I was reading a story in the morning newspaper about how little money banks pay tellers and how most bank tellers in the USA receive some type of government help to survive such as food stamps.

These are the largest backs in the USA who are making record profits on the backs of their employees.

Jimbo
so, use a credit union.. but that takes action. not words
Old 12-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,321 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:

I hear many people bad mouthing Harbor Freight tools and I can say is if you have the money and want to purchase different tools go right ahead and spend your money any way you want.

I have also used Grizzly products for years with no problems.

If using Snap On and other brand name tools turn you on go for it.

Jimbo
The simply reason you have not had any problems with your Harbor Freight tools is that you know what to buy and what not to buy. You made good choices, period. I am not going to give credit to the Harbor Freight, I will give you credit for having the knowledge to pickout the good stuff they sell. The biggest problem with the place is people without that knowledge buy the junk, then sadly they think THEY are the ones that don't know how to do the work the tool is suppose to help them with. There are many people who simply don't understand there IS a difference in quality and function of tools.

Brian
Old 12-07-2013, 09:51 AM

Last photo:

Quote:

Thanks for the link.

Jimbo
And MANY of the parts on that truck (or any other GM car or truck) are made in Korea, China, and many other places. I see it every day at the shop. I get in 12 parts for a GM car and 10 of them are made in Asia!

Brian
Old 12-07-2013, 09:56 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
sorry if the truth is too much for you to bare. Out of respect to other people in the world don't be such a sucker.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
The good ol love it or leave it fallacy. The brightest beacon of ignorant minds of our time. If we left it every time we hated something, we never would have had the civil rights movement, or women's suffrage, abolition of slavery, the Revolutionary War, or many of the other rights we enjoy. In any political system, discontent is what drives change.

Henry has it exactly right.

Back to the topic at hand, I will pay a premium for an American made part, whether it's a wheel barrow, yard tool, etc. However with many hand tools and power tools, it's difficult to find parts made in USA, even many Craftsman tools are made in Chinta. I get quite a few things from Harbor Freight, but like Brian says, I don't buy ANYTHING there without checking the reviews. I could never walk into the store and just buy something blindly off the shelf.

But then again, I read the reviews for almost anything I buy anywhere before making the purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizer For This Useful Post:
tech69 (12-07-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Banned

Last photo:

boy it sure seems that simple threads are turning into pissing contests lately. hey i am no saint i have lashed before also even got suspended like in high school. but more and more seem to show up daily. threads even getting closed by the mods.
The Following User Says Thank You to killeratrod For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (12-07-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Last photo:

How about them Niners!

Brian
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

stop play...those helmets might be made in China.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

Last photo:

just had me some dim sum and fried rice, with a side of chicken chow mein ! ah sooo!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:54 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
The good ol love it or leave it fallacy. The brightest beacon of ignorant minds of our time. If we left it every time we hated something, we never would have had the civil rights movement, or women's suffrage, abolition of slavery, the Revolutionary War, or many of the other rights we enjoy. In any political system, discontent is what drives change.

Henry has it exactly right.

Back to the topic at hand, I will pay a premium for an American made part, whether it's a wheel barrow, yard tool, etc. However with many hand tools and power tools, it's difficult to find parts made in USA, even many Craftsman tools are made in Chinta. I get quite a few things from Harbor Freight, but like Brian says, I don't buy ANYTHING there without checking the reviews. I could never walk into the store and just buy something blindly off the shelf.

But then again, I read the reviews for almost anything I buy anywhere before making the purchase.
reread his post and the disrespect for those upholding our freedoms.. there is more to the mess we are involved with than we'll ever be told..
Closed Thread

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.