25 Years of Wedded Bliss Today - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Freezing in arctic Iowa

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

25 Years of Wedded Bliss Today

Twenty five years ago it rained then it snowed and then the sun came out and it was a gloriously nice day in Northern Iowa. My sweetheart and I got married during the nice part of the day. I guess that makes it our silver wedding anniversary today.

I asked her if she wanted to go out and eat so she didn't have to cook. She thought the not cooking sounded like a good idea but she is tired and didn't want to go anywhere so I'm going to town in a few minutes to pick up pizza.

After 25 years I still enjoy her company and I like to spend time with her and she still seems to enjoy having me around.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Congrats! Wishing you many more blissful years together!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Sounds like a great arrangement, my 25 is coming next year myself and I feel the same way. I couldn't have been luckier in my wife as well. Congratulations and do have a nice night.

Brian
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM
JS-70

Last photo:

Congratulations, may you enjoy many more years together!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment in this day and age!I know I certainly married UP! Couldn't be happier.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Congratulations on 25! I'm coming up on 35 this fall. Can't even begin to imagine how she has put up with me. As she said "Divorce has never even entered my mind. Murder many times, but divorce, never!"
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM

Last photo:

congrat's on 25

i'm on my 42 yr. and as long as i'm in the garage working on something and not spending money on it... she's happy..
she just tells me to keep the stereo turned down..
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 PM

Last photo:

Congrats on your 25! This November will be 25 for my bride and me. Enjoy your pizza together - together being the best part!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill View Post
i'm on my 42 yr. and as long as i'm in the garage working on something and not spending money on it... she's happy..
she just tells me to keep the stereo turned down..
Cool thread guys. My wife and I have been together for 45 years. Better friends now than ever. It is cool to hear other guys brag on their wives. I guess getting married is either the best thing you ever do or the biggest mistake of your life. I will call it my best decision.

John
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Here's to another 25!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Freezing in arctic Iowa

Last photo:

We have some longtime married guys on here! I read on the internet that only 33% of married couples make their 25 anniversary and that percentage keeps going down every year, only 6% make the 50th. We are a minority group!

Our daughter had a 25th anniversary party for us at the bowling alley last night. She invited some of our friends to help celebrate. Our daughter and some of her friends made a bunch of red velvet and vanilla latte cupcakes! They also make some delicious dips. It was all very yummy! I was hoping to have a leftover cupcake for breakfast but none of them made it through the night.

When the karaoke started I got up to sing the first song to my wife and it was all good. She was expecting Randy Travis's, "Forever And Ever, Amen" since I used to sing it to her when we were going together and I sing it to her often at karaoke. There was a problem getting the song I wanted to sing to her loaded and Elton John's, "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" kept popping up on the screen. One of my wife's friends asked her if that was the song I was singing to her and she told them she didn't think so. Finally Elton John's, "Your Song" came up, Karen cried all the way through the song as I sang it to her, she is such a beautiful kind hearted tender soul. She told me it was the most romantic thing I had ever done.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2 View Post
We have some longtime married guys on here! I read on the internet that only 33% of married couples make their 25 anniversary and that percentage keeps going down every year, only 6% make the 50th. We are a minority group!

Our daughter had a 25th anniversary party for us at the bowling alley last night. She invited some of our friends to help celebrate. Our daughter and some of her friends made a bunch of red velvet and vanilla latte cupcakes! They also make some delicious dips. It was all very yummy! I was hoping to have a leftover cupcake for breakfast but none of them made it through the night.

When the karaoke started I got up to sing the first song to my wife and it was all good. She was expecting Randy Travis's, "Forever And Ever, Amen" since I used to sing it to her when we were going together and I sing it to her often at karaoke. There was a problem getting the song I wanted to sing to her loaded and Elton John's, "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" kept popping up on the screen. One of my wife's friends asked her if that was the song I was singing to her and she told them she didn't think so. Finally Elton John's, "Your Song" came up, Karen cried all the way through the song as I sang it to her, she is such a beautiful kind hearted tender soul. She told me it was the most romantic thing I had ever done.
That is cool Crash. I guarentee you if I sing to my wife she will not consider it romantic.

When I was 15 I bought a Gibson Les Paul Jr. and found out real quickly. No one. Absolutely no one wants to hear me sing. The good thing was the guitar paid for my first car. Sold it for 90 dollars.

John L
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Freezing in arctic Iowa

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
That is cool Crash. I guarentee you if I sing to my wife she will not consider it romantic.

When I was 15 I bought a Gibson Les Paul Jr. and found out real quickly. No one. Absolutely no one wants to hear me sing. The good thing was the guitar paid for my first car. Sold it for 90 dollars.

John L
LOL! I'm glad your guitar experience worked out for you in the long run.

My first guitar is residing on top of my china hutch, the one with the model cars displayed in it. My wife has sheet music for "Your Song" in our piano bench. Now if I could ever get the piano moved over from the old house she could play it. Every time I mention moving the piano to any of my friends they all seem to develop back problems. I've been moving for over four years now, moving is a pain.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Congrats. I hope many more years together await you. My old lady seems to like hotrods and rock and roll as much I do, so hopefully in a couple decades we'll be in the 25'er club as well.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well after 2 previous trys, I finally found a lady that would put up with me,, we are coming up on 35 years this sept, I recall having 1 disagreement during that time, don't even recall what it was about,, but appairently it convinced me to not go there again,,
She NEVER complains about my toy box being bigger than hers, always plans our vacation time around a car function of some type, and we enjoy each others company,, ( adjustable hearing has its advantages in close quarters by the way )
So what more could a old guy expect?
by the way,, my X has gone through 7 husbands, working on # 8 now,, so possably it wasn't all my fault, like she said,,

CRANGRATS CRASH,, sounds like you have many more happy years ahead of you, consider yourself very lucky,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.