267 crank into 350 block - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 09:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

267 crank into 350 block

i have a 350 block which the crank has already been turned .010 and the rods ..010 . i have a 267 crank laying over to the side which has all stock journal sizes. and are both compatible seeing as how the stroke and rod lenght in the same and all the stock journals and all are the same. And the 350 crank will definitely have to be taken down on the rods another .010 which will come to .020 oversize rods. Now will the thickness of these rod bearings have any affect on longevity? And the 350 rods have a bit much of side clearance .014 on the maximum note acording to the book.The 267 rod side clearance came to a not much but a tad bit lower a .013. could i just change these out so i could have a better bet at letting this thing last a bit longer?

The counter balances on the 350 crank are drilled deeper, than balancing holes of the 267. would this also compromise anything being off balance? or will it react poorly with i mild build?

And harmonic balancer? could i use a Gm performance parts dampener with the 267 crank?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

While you 267 has a 2.45 crank pin and a 3.48 stroke, identical to the 350, I'm afraid the 267 crank has a target bob weight that does not match the 350 crank because the 267 has a 1/2 smaller piston. You could use it and balance the thing but it would be cheaper to buy a crank from the Machine Shop. Here you can get a reground 350 crank for $65.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:45 PM

Last photo:

muw much scoring is allowed on such a crankshaft due to oil rob. the oil filter adapter plate in the side of the block was cracked and seems to be cracked for some time due to corossion. What i was wondering about the scoring, how much is the limit and what would you say is bad? before i decide to buy a plastigage and new bearings. which would consist of .010 bearings and make sure oil clearances are good. and depending on what the response is on the limit of scoring , the crank just cleaned up. or does anyone think it`d be better to just turn the 350 crank to .020 and live with it?

The plan with this motor is new bearings, .030 overbore -355 c.id. PAw cast flat top piston speacial.with moly rings; 90 bucks+ 16.95. new cam .443/ .465 lift 214-224 duration @.050. spring upgrade. Cylinder heads being used are stock 1.94-1.50 valve-heads with 76cc chambers. ported.gasket matched. edelbrock performer intake with Q-jet carb. W/mech secondaries
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 AM

267 crank into 350 block

Good choice on camshaft! There is no real problem running a .020 crank on the street. The only thing is that a thicker bearing, like a .020, will not transfer heat from the crank to the rods or main saddles as good as a .010 or std bearing. But for what you are planning on doing with this motor, I suspect just cruising, you should be fine. This way the crank will be balanced closer to the rotating assembly you are using. I would still suggest having the engine balanced. The bearing life and overall performance will be a lot better. Hey johnsongrass1, around here turning a stock crank goes for 105.00 and a race crank is 175.00. It is getting bad around here. On a 350 Chevy you can buy a new Eagle Cast crank for 149.95 versus turning it for 105.00. A no brainer, of course it needs to be balanced but don't they all?

Dave
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Last photo:

crank

Is there any ups or downs to not having any heat transfer?. wouldn`t that be an advantage to have lower temperatures on the rods and bolts.
how much pep should this motor have though? does anybody have desktop dyno, and would you be willing to take the time and input all of the engine info? j/w i`d kinda like to do a comparison.between before and after.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

You bearing under cut size will have no "bearing" (pun intended) on oil tempeture or bearing tempeture. It's just not a issue.

Your engine Combo would make a great daily driver. I'm sure it would be fun to drive.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Last photo:

crank and power man

Thanks. I was lucky when i found this motor i got everything for 100 bucks. Edelbrock intake and carb included. no distributor. But guess what i have the one from my ole 267 laying around i`m gonna use with a tune up kit and maybe a msd coil.

I have a question about Q-jet carbs. The model i have is off of a camaro it has two electrical plugs . To get to the point. Will the carb` work with the plugs not being connected to anything.
thanx again

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.