'27 roadster guidance - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 08:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

'27 roadster guidance

I've been a hot rod wanna be for a long time now. Like lots of other folks; wife, kids, house, etc.. have made cars a very low priority. I'm still always short on cash but life has been good. I now have a place to work, and a job that allows time flex. I do need more tools, more parts, more money, and lots of know how. I'm slowly gathering parts up to build my '27 ford roadster. I envision a car with heavy lakes style influence. I have a steel body, '36 ford wire wheels, '28 grill shell, 9" rear diff of unknown origin, & a slant 6 with 3speed (i am strongly considering parting out my chevy truck for the cause). I want the body on top of the frame and a straight axle in front of the grill shell. What I need now is friends with knowledge to share. Any insight, tips, suggestions, guidance, or what ever. Where do I go on the net for the best info? What publications should I buy for reference? Who do I call or visit who can tolerate a lot of stupid questions?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 12:05 AM

Last photo:

Get a Speedway catalog from Nebraska or visit their site, I've built a few "T" buckets and their stuff is good and not overpriced. I have a 27 Tub in the planning stages now.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:26 AM
Tire Fryer

Last photo:

You ever heard of the HAMB (HokeyAss Message Board) bulletin board? Lot's of builders with a ton of knowledge on that site. Go there and lurk for awhile then join and introduce yourself and your project. You'll get some good help over there...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/TJJ/links.htm
Old 09-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Look at the bottom of the screen and click on HAMB.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/TJJ/links.htm

Lurk and learn........... then join and do a decent introduction. You WILL get flamed and get NO respect from that bunch IF you do not do it that way.

HAMBers look at the forum board as a Garage. You do not just walk in, butt in and drink beverages out of the Fridge. Show a little respect, tell them a little about yourself, your project and your goals. Do not try to BS these guys. You will be deadmeat.

Be aware that some HAMBers use profanity on screen, poke fun at each other (crudely by some standards) and delight in pushing "your buttons".

There are also some very smart and well educated people on the HAMB. Magazine editors, GoodGuys paid staff, book authors (car related) and show promoters.

Your project will fit right in on the HAMB.........lots of T's and lots of knowledge.

GOOD LUCK !!

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 PM

It appears to me that you're putting your car together with whatever is free (you already have laying around) or donated to the cause regardless of the compatibility of the parts.
AND, there's nothing wrong with that, it makes for interesting cars when done safely and stylishly.
Let's talk about wire wheels. Ford used wire wheels from 1926-1935. The 1935 wheels are 16". This is probably what you have. Please note they use the 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern used on Ford cars thru 1948 and on Ford pickups up through maybe even now! To be used safely on a modern rearend they must have a spacer between the inside wheel flange and the drum.
I've written a rather lengthy post on Ford front ends for your information at your other post.
There is a bunch of interesting speed equipment available for the slant six so that could be cool!
You have the opportunity to make a really unique vehicle here so be careful about how things go together stylistically amd make something neat!
ENJOY!

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.