27 T Roadster Build - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
At the swap meet I went to yesterday there was a complete body,had a bunch of cancer but a super nice builder, didn't ask how much as I was afraid it would come home with me.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 PM

Last photo:

Well I'm done with school for the summer so its back onto the roadster. Two weeks to go until the showdown and its looking pretty good so far. I got my rad fixed and all the water lines are hooked up. Couple small fuel leaks so Ill have to fix those tomorrow. Got the floors done today and fired it for the first time! Front carb is acting up so ill have to go through it. This week i should get it all wired and hopefully upholstery next week. It'll be my first try at it so hopefully it turns out good enough.

And yes, it doesn't sound too good right now. I took the video before the valves and timing were adjusted. Now we've got it running pretty well other than the carb issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6S_x29vPtY&hd=1

Last edited by monstergarage87; 05-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:08 PM

Last photo:

Damn I love that car!

Brian
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM

Last photo:

Well I got a bunch of little things buttoned up yesterday. Made a removable seat back so the whole interior is almost ready for upholstery. Today I have to run over to the school and use the shop to make a tipping die to make the decklid skin and some bushings/sleeves.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

Did some wiring over the weekend and it took the whole weekend... and then some. But it turned out pretty well. Used the cloth wire kit from sacramento vintage ford. Pretty straight forward to install but some of the runs came up a little short, especially if you try to make things look neat. Then yesterday and today while the car was away getting the exhaust done, I took care of some odds and ends. Sandblasted a bunch of small parts and got back on the turtle deck. Finished welding the patches in and i got the decklid working. While i was at it i tried out the tipping die i made at school. Works pretty well but it looks like i may not need it now for the decklid skin. I finished up the inner pan for the decklid. Just have to make the skin and mount the latch somehow on the inside. Its been a busy couple days but it looks like Ill be on my way to the showdown with a little bit of sleep saturday morning.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 PM

Last photo:

You are too damn slick for words, VERY NICE stuff.

Brian
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM

Last photo:

It was a mad dash friday night to get the car on the trailer but I made some laps around Latimore and it felt great! Had a lot of positive comments and looks. Now i just need to work a few bugs out. Looks like i need a head gasket or replace valves on two of the cylinders. Its still not running right and misses and pops once it gets going. And I may also be having a charging issue. But other than that, everything went well. Now if i could only get the rest of the mud off the car and out of my ears

I made a quickie drag link on thursday and it worked out great. I bent an old f100 tierod i had and turned down the ball end of an f100 drag link, slid it inside of the tierod then welded it.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 PM

Last photo:

Cool event and DAMN I love that T!

Brian
Old 06-16-2012, 05:54 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myascape
I'm really digging the rotisserie you have for your frame. Me thinks me needs to make another run to Harbor Freight for another cheap engine stand...

Joe
Just looking at your great build when i took a closer look at your engine stands you are using for your rotisserie. A buddy of mine built an engine stand to save a few bucks similar to yours in the pic. Unfortunately his spacing of the two rearwheels was too close. We mounted a ford 6 block on it , went to rotate it and the whole thing flipped and the block took a chunk out of the concrete floor missing toes by not much. When your build becomes heavier as you go, i am thinking back to that incident in the workshop. If you added another foot or two between your two rear wheels it would make it much safer. I would hate to see someone pinned under the project if the centre of gravity takes over. Maybe i am being over cautious, and your rig is safer than it looks, but i can only give you my opinion.
Al.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Neat looking car, the pics are great!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Hot Rod Has Been

Last photo:

This thread shows what hot rodding is REALLY all about... using what you have available, fabricating what needs to be done and putting it all together to make a full bore hot rod.

My days of admiring 1-800 billet-mobiles has long passed. If we expect this part of the hobby to continue we need young guys learning the skills and answering the call...

Great car... keep learning those skills... congrats!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Last photo:

Thanks guys! Heres a little update of what I've got going on now. Ive got a tone of 'customer' work right now. Taking some summer classes to get things done and over with since I'm an old man now haha. Ordered up a windshield frame and post from speedway, ill have to tweak those and get them fit to the body along with getting some glass cut. Still need an interior. Ill be heading up to a big truck junkyard in ny to get some school bus seats. Rip that lovely "aged" vinyl off of them and cover my seats with it. And the turtle deck is being worked on now. Had to trade some vintage guitars to get that work done. Im also working on a vintage stock car with a full race flathead for a buddy of mine along with thinking about and gathering parts for my 29 roadster and 56 big job rollback.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Last photo:

Your idea of the aged vinyl is a hoot. That car is absolutely beautiful!

Brian
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM

Last photo:

Thanks, I'm hoping to find a brown that will match the gauges pretty close. If not, i may got for green. And ill see what other colors they have so i can stash some for my 29 roadster
Old 07-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Last photo:

Well what better way to celebrate 4th of July than by working on my car. Ive been busy as hell working on other peoples stuff the past couple weeks that i haven't even looked at the roadster. So i took today to get the windshield post cut down and welded back up. While i was at it, I had to tweak the windshield frame because it didn't fit at all. Top was good but the curves were all off and the bottom was too wide to fit between the posts. So i little cutting and tacking and i got everything fitting just right. And i cut a template for glass for the windshield. Now this is where i need an opinion because i could go either way... Should i leave the glass at that height or should i take about another inch off of the top?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.