Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 28 ford sun visor opinions/suggestions
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy829
Frisco, that's what I ran into. It didn't look right when I installed it, but a lot of them are like that. Realize Heny's is a 30/31, just like the look better. What year is yours?
My visor is a 30/31 also. See photos in my album on this site. My Coupe is registered as a 1930.

In looking at your photos in your album, I don't think the slight bow is worth fooling with. I have posted one of your pictures below.

Looks good to me.

A possible mod to the visor would be to add a round rod (or tubing) about 1/4" - 3/8" diameter to the leading edge of the visor. This will stiffen/strengthen the visor and reduce or prevent the bowing.

Something else to be aware of is that there is a lot of upward pressure exerted to the underside of the visor when the car is moving at speed. The higher the speed the greater the pressure. The visor on the '28 Ford Closed Cab Pickup in my avatar mounts in a similar fashion to your visor. It is wider from front to back also. Beginning at 80-85 MPH it would begin to buffet quite a bit. I always was concerned that it would be ripped off because of that buffeting.