Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 283
Thread: 283
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:53 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I got this engine from a kid that had it in a mid 70s camaro he said it had no power when you got on it. He said it had a stall in it I dont know what the stall was but any how i got it off his hands for $150

I got it home and started to pull it apart to see just how worn out it was and it looks great in side still has the honing marks in it with l2148 pistons there 30 over and have a mild dome on them not to sure on who makes them.

The cam in it was a lunati 00010 seems abit big for what he had but i think it will work out well for what I want

stock steel forged crank ground m10 r10 and I can not tell who made the rods I cant find any gm marking or any real casting marks on them maybe stock reworked and it looks like all of it was balanced

I think the big problem with his setup was the head he had what looks to be a nicely rebuild set of 350 heads casting 624 that seem bad I dont think it could have had any real compression

I have a set of 305 head with what I believe have 53-55cc chambers been rebuild with 1.94 intake valves and some porting

It's going to be put in a 914 porsche dose any thing stand out to any one to be bad or do you think the setup will work and what would the red line be on a engine like this i was think 6500-7000rpm but i could be way off

thank for any replies