Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 283 hp predictions
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

i think your predictions may be a tad high, but if i had to guess i would say 340ish hp/ 310ish tq. is this going to be a street motor or a race motor. considering the parts it will likely have such a narrow power curve that it will not be all that fun to drive. the heads may be ported but just because a head can flow a higher peak flow, that is not really what you should be looking for, you should be looking for flow from .300-.500". i would guess that these heads have had ton of material taken out of the runners, which causes bad lower rpm velocity within the runner. the whole idea behind the intake runners on a heads it to be able to flow as much as possible at all lifts while keeping the runner cross-sectional area as small as possible, this is what creates velocity and rams that air into the cylinders. add the poor heads with the single plane intake and a larger 750 carb and you have your self a motor that wont even get out of it's way until it hits 3500-4000rpm.