Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - To 283 or not to 283?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnp2 View Post
I'm in northern NY. I do have experience from rebuilding a few subaru engines, and I can clean/check, but this stuff is far too rusty to be useful without machining. I suppose the best thing to do is bring it to a shop and ask them what it's worth?

Everything's torn down and all that's left is the crank, block, and heads. How easy would it be to find the right rods and pistons for a proper rebuild?
LOL I thought you were in a 3rd world country!!!!! LOL

Its hard to find some parts it depends! example: Pink rods are hard to find but there are many aftermarket rods available! How deep are your pockets? Can you afford to build a screaming 302, or a 283 with good power? To get a 283 to 283 HP costs a lot more then getting a 350 to 283 hp!!!!!!! That's as simple as it can be stated!!!!!!

A 283 crank in a 327 or 350 block is a 302 if you bore it .030 its a 306 and so on! If you use a small journal block or the 283 block , Girdle the mains .

What do you want? Don't let some one talk you into something you cant finnish!! or when its done your not satisfied! Tech & vinniekq2 among many on here wont stear you wrong!!!!

Jester