Hot Rod Forum banner

29 Ford build

551 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  OneMoreTime 
#1 ·
I'm building my first 29 Ford A, 348 tripower, 4 SPD, 55 Chevy rear. I mocked up m/t and see that the firewall will meet its maker Henry Ford... The engine is going to have to go way back which puts the vertigate shifter in the middle of the seat. I question whether I should build a new frame out of 2x3 box and make it longer to accommodate the engine.. Im looking for some input on this...is going to be a gasser style ride with a 2" chop. So it'll be a nose bleeder...should the rear section be dropped down also? I like to hear some input.. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have moved my body back as far as it will go to allow for the engine. Since my shifter is cable operated I can move it forward to allow a better position. Still have to cut the firewall and do some shifting around so the driver can fit. I think a new chassis is in order probably suicide it with a tall perch to get the car ower and still use the front end that you have.. What we did back in the day before 1-800-hot-rod.

I am at 106 inches on wheelbase.

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.