Hot Rod Forum banner

29 ford truck dimensions

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cboy 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Been a member a few months but this is my first post. I stumbled across this forum and was hooked on all the info and help provided. Now to the topic at hand. I am in the planning stages of a build I have been stewing on for years. I what to build a 29 hot rod Ford pick-up from scratch. I have seen several along the lines of what I want but I can't find original dimensions for a starting point. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
If you want the "look" of a '29 and you are not a fanatic for building an exact replica, then you can get good results using plastic models to achieve the right look and relative dimensions. Most models are 1:24 scale and if not, it will usually say on the box what the scale is. Use a good calipers and/or ruler to take the dimensions and then multiply by 24. It will get you close. I did my '31 roadster this way.

#5 ·
techinspector1 said:
I... reasoned that you could take dimensions off of anything that had a scale posted on the box.
Not only that, you can also "mix and match" to try out late model frames under older bodies. I have a '95 Chevy s-10 pickup model that I keep stored away special for just that purpose. Never finished the model, just the chassis portion. And then I fit other bodies to that frame and even test out engine and transmission swaps. It's not perfect, but it can tell you an awful lot about whether or not a frame and/or engine swap is going to look right and fit right.

Just make sure the scale of the two models in the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.