Hot Rod Forum banner

'29 Ford Tudor Front Bucket Seats

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  27Tall T 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a set of bucket seats for my Tudor. Because the roof is chopped 2.5 inches and there is a significant rake, I need seats that are low to the floor. Of course, since it's a Tudor, I'd like at least one of the seats to scoot forward and tilt up so a passenger can get in the back. I have a working width of 36" at the front of the seats. Any ideas?

#2 ·
There's lots of compact car seats that will work, Civic, Mazda etc, you will want to remove the head rest before you re-upholster them. You can also find old timey seats at Speedway Motors. You just have to do some research and find your style. I have '96 Civic seats for my '32, they slide, tilt and have a built in seat belt.

#4 ·
Some classic muscle car seats will fit also. I have '71 Mach 1 buckets in my '31 Tudor, it too is chopped 2-1/2".

Camaro and Mustang seats were narrow since the trans tunnel was high enough that the seats had to sit beside the tunnel and the seats had to make room for those long consoles that were so popular, back in the day.

#6 ·
When I picked up my T project it came with a pair of Pinto buckets. The Broadcast sheet identified them. They actually set side by side inside my TCoupe. :eek:

I don't think I am going with buckets in my T, :nono: I like a nice ol bench seat setting in stock angles.:cool:

Hey Lakeroadster how comfortable is the RPU?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.