Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 292H comp cam with vortec heads
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackitup_91 View Post
the car would be driven twice or 3 times a week., I have a Edlebrock RPM air gap intake I also have Shorty Hooker Headers which ball 1 5/8, and a 650 CFM Quick Fuel carburetors. I plan on getting a 3000 stall, are my rear end gears too small I was trying to avoid gears taller than 3.73
because the car may get on the highway a few times..
You can tune final ratio with shorter tires! The 1 5/8 shortys may be a little small and kill the scavenging long tube tuned headers would be a much better choice if you budget allows it,
And 3000 stall and 373s should be fine with that intake if you advance the 292 when installed your power range will come in at a little lower rpm it may help with the 373s! and you will lose some of the erratic Idle characteristics (the rumpy sound LOL) It has a 106 center line! I run the 292s retarded! at "0" lash it pulls till close to 7000 rpm with +.002 lash it pulls closer to 7500 rpm with a light valve train and heavy springs! don't skimp on valve train components and get good recommended springs and push rods Stay away from summit brand! and get lifters like Cobalt recommended if your going to fool with different valve lashes at the track! NOT THE STREET LOL

Jester