3 against 1 or "The Good Old Boys Remember Pearl Harbor" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2004, 06:17 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Angry 3 against 1 or "The Good Old Boys Remember Pearl Harbor"

Anyone besides myself and Jimmy Spencer hoping that Dodge, Chevrolet, and Ford humiliate Toyota in this year's NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series? I'd like to believe there's not going to be much left of those rice machines but twisted metal when each race is over.

Centerline

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lets not forget that Toyota makes a sweet little 'hemi' V8. Toyota also competes in the autocross,Indy,Formula,etc races...so they know how to build a motor and chassis.
I don't think their place belongs in any kind of Nascar/Truck Races, or Traditional Drag Racing (i.e ProStock,TopFuel, FunnyCar)but that's just my opinion.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 02-02-2004, 11:07 AM

Last photo:

I don't see the point in trucks racing on anything other than off road. They should call it NASTRUCK. Bunch of suped up lowriders who can't figure out why the rear end feels loose on the corners.

What hapened to using trucks for what they're meant for? Pulling, Towing, All Terrain.

What's next, NASKART?

NASCOOTER?

NASSUV?

Oh I got one, NASMOROTBABYCARRIAGE!!!

NASMoocH
Old 02-02-2004, 11:22 AM
back to action!

Last photo:

up here in the woods, it's never ending. no matter what you own, whether it's a bike, snowmachine, truck, toaster,etc, someone always shoots it down. ford's suck, suziki's suck, polaris's suck and it goes on and on. i like them all and i don't care who made 'em or where it comes from. if it has 4 wheels i say let them race where-ever they want. if toyota gets blasted, well that's fine. if they win, it's just another wake up call for the boys at ford, chevy, and dodge and the idiots at the local coffee shop that have nothing better to do then listen to their own voices. it's very refreshing to see the open mindedness (is that a real word?) in this forum 'cause in this town it's the opposite. almost every expensive thing in my house comes from japan and i'm sure other people have sony's also. i think from experience that toyota is a very fine rig even though my truck is a dodge, so there. okay stop hitting me already, im fragile.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:20 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

who would should down a goose?

wiemer makes a good point, toyo has been racing in LOTS of other forms, i expect them to do well with a truck that stock, has 305 hp on the showroom. yeah i know there might be one part from that motor on the racetrack
Old 02-03-2004, 04:49 PM
British Style with USA Muscle

Last photo:

Well Toyota used to be one of the engine providers for CART too, but they jumped ship to the IRL. Personally I hope every Toyota that hits the NASCAR circuit blows a motor. There is a old saying in racing "Winning on Sunday means sales on Monday"
Quote:
so they know how to build a motor and chassis.
Toyota does not build the chassis, the chassis shops for the teams do. Even in CART racing Toyota never built a chassis, it was Lola, Renard, Gurney etc. It's kinda like a quarterback getting all the credit for winning a football game.

This is were I'm really confused with NASCAR, in the old days you had to actually produce a production car that was available to purchase by the public to be able to put a car on the track. For example the Plymouth Super Birds, with the tall rear wing. They were the terror of Daytona for years. Now the cars that are racing are rear wheel drive but you can't buy a rear wheel drive Monte Carlo, or Taurus or Intrepid. So I don't get where the rule change came in. They should make them race what they produce.

Regards
Mark
Old 02-03-2004, 06:11 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

It seems funny that people are upset because Toyota wants to get into the truck racing. It won't be long before they get into NASCAR too. What does it really matter? Ford, Chebby, or Dodge don't build the cars that are racing any way. The bodies are not stock. They are fabricated at the race shops. The chassis is hand built in race shops. The engines resemble those by the manufacturers, but really are considerably different that what are mass produced. Now NASCAR has templates for the bodies that makes them all the same basic shape. Look at the cars on the road and tell me that they are the same shape!

I always welcome competition. If it wasn't for competition, we would never improve.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:20 PM

What they need to do is bar Toyota from entering at all. Nascar is American all the way. Jap crap should never have been allowed to enter Nascar in the first place. Goes to show you that people are getting weak and liberal.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:33 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

HotRod.... I see your point. The sport originated HERE. We should keep anyone that is not FROM HERE, out. While we are at it, we should also ban the use of any parts not MADE HERE. We should also make sure that no FOREIGN BORN drivers are allowed to compete. One way to keep from being beat by outsiders is to keep outsiders out!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:07 AM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Thumbs up AMEN!

Quote:
This is were I'm really confused with NASCAR, in the old days you had to actually produce a production car that was available to purchase by the public to be able to put a car on the track. For example the Plymouth Super Birds, with the tall rear wing. They were the terror of Daytona for years. Now the cars that are racing are rear wheel drive but you can't buy a rear wheel drive Monte Carlo, or Taurus or Intrepid. So I don't get where the rule change came in. They should make them race what they produce.
NASCAR Racing has lowered itself to the status of the WWF. The sport is just about money, pure and simple. It began as a sport that allowed MOONRUNNERS the chance to compete with others to see who had the best car. Now it is a sport to see who has the most money. I have for the most part stopped following it except for some certain southeastern races. Can't even tell the cars apart if it wasn't for the decals...

[color=purple]Am Looking For Factory/Aftermarket Speed Parts For The MEL (Merc-Edsel-Linc-TBird) Engine Family (383-410-430-462) Produced From 1958 To 1968

Also Early FORD Special Service Tools[/color]
Old 02-04-2004, 08:24 AM

Last photo:

I like the new Toyota trucks, Nissan too at least there eight cylinder 1/2 tons The Toyota really isn't that bad looking ether, better than the newer chevs( I still like the gmc's grill) and fords, I'm still not sure about the looks of the newer dodge front ends.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:16 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

OK Guys, this ain't gonna be pretty.
We all like to think that GM,Chrysler and Ford are American, and Toyota and Honda is Japanese. Just for the record, BOTH Honda and Toyota have a higher percentage of American Labor/Goods than the Big Three.
I still can't bring myself to buy Honda or Toyota, but they're the ones taking care of us.
Maybe its a good thing? If Americans start rallying around Honda and Toyota because of the higher percentages, maybe the Big Three just might make an American Made Car again. But if the Big 3 made an All American Car, the trucks alone,would be 30 Grand, WAIT ! They are! So where is the money going?

Time to inhabit Antarctica. It'd be warmer than Canada lately, eh?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beenaway2long
OK Guys, this ain't gonna be pretty.
We all like to think that GM,Chrysler and Ford are American, and Toyota and Honda is Japanese. Just for the record, BOTH Honda and Toyota have a higher percentage of American Labor/Goods than the Big Three.
I still can't bring myself to buy Honda or Toyota, but they're the ones taking care of us.
Maybe its a good thing? If Americans start rallying around Honda and Toyota because of the higher percentages, maybe the Big Three just might make an American Made Car again. But if the Big 3 made an All American Car, the trucks alone,would be 30 Grand, WAIT ! They are! So where is the money going?

Time to inhabit Antarctica. It'd be warmer than Canada lately, eh?
That is the problem. The Big Three need to bring their factories home and make their vehicles here in the States. While we are at it run the Japanese out of this country and make them buy some of our vehicles. Why should we buy their junk when they will not buy ours.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod/SS
That is the problem. The Big Three need to bring their factories home and make their vehicles here in the States. While we are at it run the Japanese out of this country and make them buy some of our vehicles. Why should we buy their junk when they will not buy ours.
AMEN!

Centerline
Old 02-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:

With the way things are goin,imports like honduh and toyo are gunna put the big three out of business unless they really drop prices and get better designs on the cars. I'll never bring me self to buy jap crap but why is it that japs are building in the states and "american" is being imported instead of vice-versa?

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.