3 Function Remote - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

3 Function Remote

Has anyone tried to hook-up a remote to power windows up and down? I've got a remote,,WILK-BILT AAT KY3750.The directions with it are for a TRUNK relay hookup and for Door Actuators. Nothing for power windows. Sometime someone put me on to AUTO=LOC KL4950. These directions have remote window /moror activation,very clear,but, the wiring diagram is completely different for the 4950.My remote ,the KY3750,wiring diagram does not resemble it at all.Any help would be appreciated.I'm about to eat the 3750 cost and buy another remote but do not want to .Thanks, 35OLDS

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
life is a ride

Last journal entry: 2014
Last photo:

I used the Dakota Digital CMD-9000 on my project.
It works good.

The functions are;
--Driver window UP/DN.
--Pass window UP/DN
--Driver door unlock.
--Pass door unlock.
--Trunk lid raise/lower
--or trunk lid unlatch.
--disable door unlock when ignition is on.
--emergency release.

The instruction book isn't bad either.
Check out their web site.

You may be able to use the relays if you already have them. They are universal.

vicrod
Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Last photo:

I went to the Wilk Bilt site, but I only saw 5 function remotes, not anything about the 3750. I also checked the AutoLoc site and the KL4950 was advertised as a keyless remote entry system, basisly to activate door activators and have one other function available. Any three button remote is probably only going to provide three simple functions.

What are the functions you desire to activate? If you want to raise and lower two windows, unlock one or two doors and/or a trunk lock, then you will need a remote system with more functions, such as vicrod suggested. The Datoka Digital systems are one of the best remote systems available, they have great wiring diagrams, warrantee and customer support.

With your Wilk Bilt three button remote, at best, you could probably wire it to raise and lower one window and pop one door or trunk activator. It would take one function button to lower a window, another function button to raise the same window and you would have one function button remaining to activate one other (simple) function, such as a door activator. To wire your remote to raise and lower one window, it would require wiring it thru a dual relay setup, so if your remote system didn't come with relays, they would need to be purchased. Relays are relatively cheap.

What functions do you want a remote system to perform?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Doc here,

If your remote is ONLY 3 function, It won't work for power windows (without some fancy limit switch and relay circuitry to reverse on the second push of the same button) ..you will need a FOUR function remote..Left up, Left Down, Right up, Right down.

Doc
Old 02-03-2007, 01:44 PM

3 Function Remote

Thanks Guys, Docvette,Hoptup32,and VicRod.Thanks for your replys. I talked to George,owner of Wilk-Bilt. I have an old and outdated remote,but he told me to send him the instructions that came with that remote and he'd draw up an instruction to power my windows.A great guy,like all fellow hotrodders.I swear,this has got to be the best hotrodding site on the inter-net.Thanks Again,35OLDS

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.