Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 3 inch stroke motor project, rod ratio, and mpg
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Bold As Love

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yes I have tried to make it clear from the begining that I was going to build this motor. To simply tell me it's a dumb idea without telling me why isn't really very convincing. I mean where do you get some of the things you some of you guys have said?? From books? What books? Websites? Which one? From people who tried this? Who? etc.. If its just an opinion heh cool, we all have them. Speculation? Cool but heh, its just that, speculation. Without evidence or facts coming from somewhere why should I believe your views over my own? Because you have built lots of motors that were nothing like this? Ha!! Thats why I want to try it. If it doesn't work, and I'm on here and some young punk posts a thread like this that wants to try it then I will be able to say, "Yeah man save your money! Build a tractor motor with as long of a stroke as possible, it saves on gas." But if on the other hand, if it does work, then you guys will maybe have learned something.

I think the geometry of the motor is an important consideration for its purpose. I think thats really all I was trying to say from the begining. You guys seem to think that it doesnt matter all that much but thats fine, I understand that you personally would not build this kind of motor. I say peak power is more important and you guys seem to think low end torque is more important. That about sums it up right? Point taken. If I felt that way too, I might just keep my 454, or better yet put a 4.25 inch crank in it and new pistons for even more low end power. But, I think that 454 motors are dumb!! And that 400 small blocks suck!!! Ok, granted a 400 small block with a 327 crank would be awesome!! Somebody even compared the 305 motor to the 302. Wow!! 305s are retarded!! Possibly the worst motor ever made next to the 267 and the 400!! Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard!! Muhahaha!!!! lol thanks you guys, I love debating this stuff