Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 3 inch stroke motor project, rod ratio, and mpg
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Biker
Thank you cobalt, I actually have seen that article on the 350 chevy should have built, Im sure it was one of the things that have helped form my intent on building this motor, especially the high compression part. I was just being silly with my opinions on the 400 sbc lol, I think that as long as you guys were spouting opinions I could dish out a few as well... hehe.. I met a guy with a 283 in his mid 1960s dumptruck, now I didnt run the numbers on the motor to verify it was a 283 and not a 327 but he said he was sure it was a 283 because it was his fathers and he had been around it all his life. Anyways he said that it did fine for such a small motor, even with 10,000 lb of dirt in the back. So, anyways, I started with the intent of putting this in my van because I am sure that it would work however I am hopefully going to trade it to my girlfriends mom for her van thats just like mine but a little newer and with a 6.2 liter gmc diesel. So I have an s10 that I can use this motor in as I was saying.. That would be a fast truck with any v8 in it compared to the iron duke it has in it now for sure.

here is a link to a 550 horse 302 chevy that got almost 25 mpg
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/3...une/index.html
And I'm sure the 283 powered dump truck gets great gas mileage . LOL