Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 300 HP/ 383...naw!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I can relate, I'm 66 years old and have been married to this one for 15 years. She used to complain when I would smoke some kid on the street in my T Bucket or one of the Mustangs. I have some hope because the other day we were watching Stallone in the Avengers drive that 56 Ford truck in the chase scene she said "Listen to that thing wind up". You can have hope in any woman who recognises a great sounding engine like that.
The dyno guy can tell you but I usually add 50 to 75 HP to whatever they say to cover parasitic losses. Horsepower ratings are more for bench racing bragging rights, anyway most people lie about them. I used to carry the dyno print out with a 9.26 1/4 mile timing slip to show anyone that needed convincing. We have an outlaw 1/8 mile strip 15 miles away where this kind of stuff gets settled.
It just occurred to me that I drive through Richmond every time I take my wife to see her family in Flemingsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallam11 View Post
Here in lies the problem of dynoing my ride. As you all know it will show rear wheel power which is not something I can relate to. However, that said, for 80 bucks, it will be interesting to see where I stand next to the new rides which the dyno shop will tell me. As for the misses, when we were 1st married I would suffer a heart attack when she stepped out of the shower for she had a body that rivaled Kim Kardashian's. Now, I have a heart attack when she steps out of the shower but not for the same reasons!

Last edited by Choctaw Bob; 09-11-2012 at 02:39 PM.