300 vs 510 torches - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 09:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

300 vs 510 torches

Hey guys, I'm about to buy a Victor or Harris torch outfit. What is the difference between the 310 and 500 setups? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Last photo:

You could easily start a fight with that one! This is the age old Ford/Chevy argument but just as Ford is so much better than Chevy the Victor is a lot better than Harris.

All joking aside Victor is the most popular torch sold and the one that is copied by the cheap China rip-off outfits, there is a good reason for that. I have Victor torches that are over 40 years old and for nearly that many years I worked in mining repair where Victor accounted for better than 90% of torch equipment used. Victor parts and accessories, tips, etc, are available just about anywhere and most farm supply or auto parts stores will have tips available for Victor (probably not Victor brand though). Harris makes good gauges but IMO the torches are only fair and harder to find parts for, the Victor 315 is about the most versatile torch outfit you can buy and probably the most popular sold in America. With the 315 outfit you can switch from cutting to welding/brazing to a heating tip or several other attachments offered by Victor in just a matter of seconds. With the cutting head you can switch from cutting sheet metal less than 1/8" thick to 6" thick with just a tip change and gas setting adjustment.

This is just my opinion and others may differ but I am basing this on many years of use during which Victor has served me well, very well!

Last edited by oldred; 06-27-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

Thanks for the input, I was leaning towards the Victor. What is the difference between the 300 and 510?

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.