Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 302 in a 1989 ford ranger
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 05:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have a 302 in a Ranger. I used a truck EFI intake so I had to remove the AC. I'm a Chevy guy at heart, but one of the advantages of a Ford is easy motor mounts. I took two 3/16" plates about 4" wide and drilled them for the bolt holes to the block. With a dual sump pan ($25 off ebay), and a remote oil filter kit, those plates sit right on the frame rails. I welded them to the frame rails and made a couple of pieces to triangulate them. I didn't have the rotating assembly dynamicly balanced, but I balanced the pistons and both ends of the rods to within 0.05g. There's no vibration through the solid mounts. Then I made an offset bracket for the trans mount. I had to lengthen the driveshaft. My donor for the 302/C4 was a Granada. The front 10" or so of my driveshaft is Granada, the rest is Ranger. I don't know how much you want to spend but I paid 200 for the truck, 200 for the Granada, and another 2100 in parts and paint.

There are pics and a short video of it running poorly when we were trying to figure out tuning the efi in my pics.

Have fun,
Kevin