Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 302 SWAP in a 90 Ford Ranger
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

302 SWAP in a 90 Ford Ranger

I have a 90 ranger with a 2.3 it is bodydropped, air bag suspension, convertible,and everything has been shaved on it! I took it to a shop to have the air bag suspension put on it and it came back running all crazy! The only thing that would keep it running was if i sprayed carb cleaner then it would run for a bit then die. running really rich too! I would drive it then park it in the garage and after 2 or 3 days it would be dead! Dead battery? I took it back to the electrical shop and they could not find anything drawing from the battery? If I put a 302 in it will this take care of all of my problems or do I have to fix this charging problem? I am wanting to put a 302 out of a 96 explorer in it with a c-4 transmission. Would I want to put a painless wiring kit in it? I have alot of questions so if you guys can help me out I would really appreciate it. I took it back to the electrical shop and it ran for 3 days then died again! I want to put a 302 in it now! I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS THING AND I CANNOT DRIVE IT! Thanks in advance! Sorry for the long post just wanted to give some background on my truck! Help!