View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmonty View Post
I can't say how well of a condition your cylinder walls are just by looking at them except that they have lost all of the cross hatch from wear. Can you feel a lip near the top where the piston ring stops it's upward travel and starts to go back down into the cylinder?(Top Dead Center) Commonly refered to as a ring ridge. If you can feel it with your fingernail you need to get an "inside" Micrometer or a bore gauge and take some measurements and refer to an overhaul manual to find out what the acceptable tolerance or wear limit is.
I know you have difficulties getting parts economically, but if you can feel a ridge, it may be time for an overbore and new pistons. If it was measuring 159.5418 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH I'd say it was in pretty good shape. If you talking about pascals or something else I couldn't say one way or the other. I know they all didn't measure the exact same amount, but generally if they all measure within 10 percent of one another they should be ok.
No the heads I posted a pic of were not swirl port heads. I was just trying to give you an idea of what to get the guides to look like instead of having the big vane. You asked for a pic and thats all I had.
ssmonty
I take too long to type. I see that painted jester beat me to it.
Man!! I type so slow the ink fades as I'm typing LOL

Jester