Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 305 build ?
Thread: 305 build ?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwofarrier06 View Post
light duty 78 c10 and ill be running 105 in it all on the strip maybe on the street now and then just to show it off the trans will bee a th350 from monster i haven't pick gears for it yet and the rear is a gm 12 bolt 3.73:1 locker not sure on the trucks wight yet but ill let you know when i'm done with the rear end

I was also think of maybe going with a low compression build with a set of turbos?

thanks for the help man.
Do you have the welding equipment and fabrication skills for a turbo set-up??. Not sure about a twin turbo,there are a whole host of good turbos in pick and pull yards for not much money.Your right,there has been a history of guys who have used turbos on 305's.Relative success to the size of the engine.
I suggest you hold off a rear end gear ratios until you have firmed up your game plan.

FYI: The blower option is neither cheap or easy. A simple quick search shows some pricing for it and when looking at that remember you need to buy all the parts to make it a turn key.

weiand superchargers | Price comparison and reviews at best-price.com

Oh and you don't just increase the boost at will on them without a consideration for the internal parts of the engine.

Of all the power adders,the turbos are the easiest on a engine.