Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 305 heads put onto a 350 sbc block
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

305 heads put onto a 350 sbc block

ok so after reading all the threads about how people refuse to put 305 heads onto a 350 i decided to do it myself and see what all the fuss is about....so i took a set of 144.....416 305 heads and put the pair onto a 1979 camaro 350 engine, stock pistons...new bottom end build with all new bearings and such.edelbrock 2102 cam. with an edelbrock airgap intake, longtube hedders on em with a 600 cfm edelbrock 4barrel carb w. manual choke. 4 speed 4x4 standard into an 86 k-1500 pickup with true dual super 40s at 2.5" i.d with crossover pipe....and let me tell all you non believers when i fired this mother up it sounded like something from hell came up!!! the compression is at 190 psi per cylinder now instead of 150. and i have virtually lost no top end to this setup. it idles nicely at 600 rpm and the valve clear. is nicely done with the stock pistons, no knocking or pinging what so ever the head gaskets measured at 42 thousandths thick. the low end torque now....well it picked up quite a damn bit and now i have a harder time moving without roasting the damn tires lol...but needless to say it tops at 6800 which i lost about 150 rpm...big deal really lol...and let me tell everyone ....it runs off 87 octane gas with ZERO hesitation...and the carb is setup for higher fuel economy....i tried for power and it was pointless to burn even more rubber so i set it back. now if anyone thinks that a build with 305s on a 350 is not sensible id be thinking differently....i mean when people read they want to see how people actually got setups like this working right...not all the people who talk about it and have never actually done it....i will attempt to post pics if i can on here through out the week.
The Following User Says Thank You to highcompression For This Useful Post:
smallblock383 (09-26-2012)